Krystian Bielik - Signed 5 year deal

Kyle guest

11 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Incel are figurative and literal virgins! I bet if they weren’t American they’d be all over football twitter. Usernames like ‘FabulousFirminho38’.

Surely the username should be 'FabulouslyFirmInYourHoleIfOnlyIWasntSociallyIneptWithAHugeMisguidedSenseOfEntitlement38'?

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Bird is too lightweight for that role.

he's only there because he's displaced by sibley and knight.

I think it depends on what you do around him.  I’d certainly be wary of starting him in midfield with Holmes and Dowell, for example. But put Shinnie in there instead of one those two, a dominant centre half behind him and make sure he’s always got plenty of passing options in front of him and he’d be okay, I think.

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Not really. That’s where Bird has spent the majority of his youth career

Is this really true?  Calling @angieram to confirm whether he has spent most of his DCFC career at CDM?  For me Bird is still physically developing and I was struck by the change from the u18 final to the Girona game.  He's still figuring out his game and although I don't expect to see too much of him this season, I'm sure he has a major future with the Rams.

28 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Surely the username should be 'FabulouslyFirmInYourHoleIfOnlyIWasntSociallyIneptWithAHugeMisguidedSenseOfEntitlement38'?

That's a massive mouthful though, probably best not to put so much pressure on such individuals?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Not really. That’s where Bird has spent the majority of his youth career

Righto.....so Bird is the answer at defensive mid, and other signings are unnecessary?

so why are signing bielik ?

1 hour ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Is this really true?  Calling @angieram to confirm whether he has spent most of his DCFC career at CDM?  For me Bird is still physically developing and I was struck by the change from the u18 final to the Girona game.  He's still figuring out his game and although I don't expect to see too much of him this season, I'm sure he has a major future with the Rams.

I concur with @Ghost of Clough. To be honest, I  wouldn't dare do otherwise on all matters related to the academy. ?

Bird has always played deep but that is less of a physical role than at higher levels. Bird has all the attributes needed for a CDM except the physicality. Once (if) that develops, he'll be fine there. 

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

I concur with @Ghost of Clough. To be honest, I  wouldn't dare do otherwise on all matters related to the academy. ?

Bird has always played deep but that is less of a physical role than at higher levels. Bird has all the attributes needed for a CDM except the physicality. Once (if) that develops, he'll be fine there. 

From the few bits I've seen of the U23s, he seems to get a load of time on the ball when he plays CDM. Is that right? If it is, he'll have to get used to being closed with greater intensity by more intelligent players as well.

21 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

From the few bits I've seen of the U23s, he seems to get a load of time on the ball when he plays CDM. Is that right? If it is, he'll have to get used to being closed with greater intensity by more intelligent players as well.

That's very true, especially at the Premier (PL2) level. There's a lot of skill and the teams seem to 'allow' each other to play football.  Some of their more physical games seem to come against the Championship level academies, like Middlesbrough.  

It's good in some ways as it allows players to develop their game but it hardly teaches them for life in the rough and tumble of the Championship.  They have to get that elsewhere, maybe on loans.

9 hours ago, RamNut said:

Righto.....so Bird is the answer at defensive mid, and other signings are unnecessary?

so why are signing bielik ?

How have you interpreted that from what I’ve said? 

The way I see it is that Bird and Huddlestone aren’t quite at the level required to take us through an entire season between them - so we need 1 extra body in. Hudd probably only has 1 more year in him at this level so we need a new signing anyway. 

Bird and Bielik are the future. 

27 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Anybody know for sure what the rules are on being registered in time to play on Monday?  The official EFL rules say they must be registered by 12.00 noon on the previous day, but it's not clear whether that means working day or not.

Could already be registered but not yet announced.

Archived