Krystian Bielik - Signed 5 year deal

Kyle guest

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, nottingram said:

Well Ledson signed for Preston when Cocu had probably never even heard of Derby County - maybe he’d have wanted him. But 24 appearances for a team that finished lower than us in the table would suggest either injuries or he’s not good enough. 

Crowley is an attacking CM? The two who appear to be the Crown Jewels of our academy both play in the same position and the club have long stated they have no intention of blocking youngsters pathways with permanent signings. 

Sunjic will cost up to £7m I’ve read? So at its maximum that is not a million miles away from our Bielik price, but Bielik has a few years experience already in English football and can cover two positions. With our problems at centre back that is not to be sniffed at. Not to mention for both of the above, Birmingham have shown little respect for playing by the rules financially and at the same time are coming in for players off the back of a near £20k windfall for Adams, maybe they can blow us out of the water with wages.

As for Mahoney, he pulled up no trees at Birmingham last season. Given every single Championship manager and recruitment team would be aware of him, and he has ended up at Millwall would suggest to me that he is short of what we would be looking for as a club.

Ledson - wait and see - he's in competition with ben pearson. He is going to be a very good player, and plays a position where we have nothing coming through.

crowley - will be a revelation at brum. This guy is special. 

sunjic- might be a bit of a luxury - asanovic / huddlestone type - but a very interesting signing.

mahoney - didn't do much ? He was the young player of the year.?

the very fact that Birmingham got crowley means we could have been in there, similarly Millwall. 

according to your logic holmes must be crap, evans must be crap, and presumably waghorn and marriott are crap too.

25 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Quite possibly the thing I hate most about modern football is the trend of absolute idiots on Twitter commenting under every one of Derby’s tweets: ‘announce Bielik’, ‘sign some players’, ‘this isn’t a new signing’, etc. It really ducking does my nut in.

You  used to be able to wander through life thinking that the majority of folk were o.k., but there were a few muppets around - Twitter has completely reversed that.....

25 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Quite possibly the thing I hate most about modern football is the trend of absolute idiots on Twitter commenting under every one of Derby’s tweets: ‘announce Bielik’, ‘sign some players’, ‘this isn’t a new signing’, etc. It really ducking does my nut in.

I have to constantly remind myself not to read the comments on the clubs social media platforms. The things you mention are only the tip of the iceberg in that cesspool of stupidity.

Of course it’s not just Derby County, it’s everything

I wonder if Mel had put some money to one side to sign Tomori and maybe even Wilson and that is why transfer dealings were slow. We were probably waiting to see what the position was for the pair and now we know both are out of our reach the money has been freed up for replacements.

Remember the article that said we were looking at a 15 million pound deal for Wilson, it might not be all that false.

We have gone from having no money to Cocu saying "we have a budget, we may be able to invest a little"

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Nothing announced. Did he fail the medical? Was there no money left for paying him after the fee?

Or are we just waiting for the Derbyshire constabulary to match their Hertfordshire contemporaries?

I reckon a 5 year deal for a young man is a big commitment. There is bound to be a raft of discussions and needs from both sides covering his personal terms, then lawyers to check fine print. Tricky to do all that in 24/48 hours even if the fee to the parent club is sorted. .. we’ll know by tomorrow evening I suspect. (Hope it’s sooner cos I’m sweating on this one but common sense dictates that these things are not easy. This isn’t a youngster plucked from obscurity and all starry eyed ) 

Just now, dcfcfan1 said:

Oops ??

There are virgins and there are ‘virgins’.

You can be an actual virgin without being a ‘virgin’. And you could have been with 1000 women but still be a ‘virgin’. Anyone who has a footballer in their twitter profile  and tweets some of the things I’ve ranted about falls into the ‘virgin’ category. Casanova or not.

7 minutes ago, jono said:

I reckon a 5 year deal for a young man is a big commitment. There is bound to be a raft of discussions and needs from both sides covering his personal terms, then lawyers to check fine print. Tricky to do all that in 24/48 hours even if the fee to the parent club is sorted. .. we’ll know by tomorrow evening I suspect. (Hope it’s sooner cos I’m sweating on this one but common sense dictates that these things are not easy. This isn’t a youngster plucked from obscurity and all starry eyed ) 

If it’s tomorrow evening then it might as well be Ronaldo and Messi as I’ll have had a skinful and probably won’t care by then. Be a pleasant surprise to sober up to though 

56 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Ledson - wait and see - he's in competition with ben pearson. He is going to be a very good player, and plays a position where we have nothing coming through.

crowley - will be a revelation at brum. This guy is special. 

sunjic- might be a bit of a luxury - asanovic / huddlestone type - but a very interesting signing.

mahoney - didn't do much ? He was the young player of the year.?

the very fact that Birmingham got crowley means we could have been in there, similarly Millwall. 

according to your logic holmes must be crap, evans must be crap, and presumably waghorn and marriott are crap too.

What exactly am I waiting to see about Ledson. He signed for Preston a year before our manager became our manager, so I don’t understand your assertion he was a viable alternative to Bielik for a tenth of the price??

As for Crowley, he may well be a revelation. So might Sibley and Knight so again I don’t understand your point given the clubs clear policy on transfers and youth. However I would question quite how much you have watched Go Ahead Eagles, Willem II or Cambuur to be honest.

So Sunjic is a luxury? I don’t particularly want a luxury player at DM. And if he’s a bit of a Huddlestone type I am not interested as one of those is more than enough.

A quick scan of Birmingham’s squad las season would suggest that Mahoney’s competition for YPOTY was, erm, himself seeing as Che Adams won POTY. Well done Connor ?

And I don’t really understand your point on any of the others or how they relate to my point. We are a top 6 squad, not a bottom 6 squad. My point was the fact that a player that the whole division is aware of, who played in this division last season, has ended up at Millwall might suggest he isn’t good enough. 

Archived