Pre Season Friendly v Bristol City

RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Some photos of them signing autographs afterwards. But I agree, seems a bit off. Aren't they flying back today? Maybe time was the issue.

There was maybe 25 fans there, they could have signed 100 autographs for each person and been back in the dressing room in 5 minutes. 

Have to say Keogh could not have been more friendly with all the fans....real credit to the club. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

81F72847-B6CC-49AC-9638-F46D7AFF8802.jpeg

Pleased you had a good time out in the states, you can always be sure Mr Keogh will show his appreciation to the fans, he loves our club and shows it on and off the pitch, glad he will still be at our club next season, hope he leads us to the premiership, he and the fans deserve it.

Just now, Derby blood said:

Pleased you had a good time out in the states, you can always be sure Mr Keogh will show his appreciation to the fans, he loves our club and shows it on and off the pitch, glad he will still be at our club next season, hope he leads us to the premiership, he and the fans deserve it.

I am now his biggest fan!! 

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

A great couple of days in Florida watching the Supers. 

Great to speak with Mel, he was super down to earth, friendly and open about what is going to be the plan this season etc. 

one thing that surprised me was that after both/all three games that the only player from Derby to acknowledge the fans at all was Keogh, not one other player even clapped any of the fans at the end of the game. Keogh on the other hand came over to the fans and took his time to speak to everyone there and thanked them for coming etc. the rest of the players and staff just walked off. 

Compare that tor Bristol City who were all sat in the stands arching the game, kicking balls around with their fans afterward and generally interacting a lot.  

Small things I know but some fans had travelled a long way to watch It I would have thought a few minutes out of their time wouldn’t have hurt them. 

Maybe Keogh was the only one who didn't know who you were ?

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

One thing that surprised me was that after both/all three games that the only player from Derby to acknowledge the fans at all was Keogh, not one other player even clapped any of the fans at the end of the game. Keogh on the other hand came over to the fans and took his time to speak to everyone there and thanked them for coming etc. the rest of the players and staff just walked off. 

That's really disappointing and in marked contrast to the bond between players and supporters that existed last season.

Do you think it indicates an unhappy team spirit, orders of the management, fear of lightning strikes, young players who don't yet understand who will pay for their baby Bentleys - or - plain and simple, we miss the man that is David Nugent?

10 hours ago, David said:

Mitchell

Anya    Bateman    Lowe    MacDonald

Bird    Evans

Whittaker    Bennett    Mitchell-Lawson

Martin

At a guess.

Don’t forget Thorne, Marriott are out, Holmes and Sibley didn’t travel, plus Dowell and we will have more new signings.

No need to get knickers in a twist over this one.

Why are Thorne and Marriott out? What have they done?

11 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

There was maybe 25 fans there, they could have signed 100 autographs for each person and been back in the dressing room in 5 minutes. 

Have to say Keogh could not have been more friendly with all the fans....real credit to the club. 

My son was mascot a few years back and Keogh was an absolute star with him.  Had a proper chat on the way onto the pitch about who my lad played for, what position etc.  Really went above and beyond to put him at ease.  I was already a big Keogh fan before that but I’m now a fully-fledged card-carrying fan club member.  What a guy!

Archived