• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lukedcfc said:

Roos 

bogle     Keogh   Clarke   Malone

Bielik     dowell

ho

I am struggling to find a weakness in that side, I am sure bielsa will try to though. 

That’s the formation we used to dismantle Leeds too. Agree, it’s a brilliant side that ambitious posted and completely makes sense. It gets our best players in their favoured positions 

GK: Roos Mitchell

RB: Bogle Wisdom

CB: Keogh Davies

CB: Clarke Evans

LB: Malone Lowe 

CDM: Bielek Huddlestone 

CM: Holmes Knight

CM: Shinnie Sibley

CAM: Dowell Lawrence 

ST: Waghorn Martin

ST: Marriott Bennett

4-4-2 diamond 

Lawrence.             Marriott.                  Holmes

Dowell.                              Shinnie

Bielik

Malone.                                                       Bogle

Clarke.          Keogh.          

Roos

25 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Roos
Bogle Keogh Clarke Malone
                 Bielik
      Shinnie       Dowell
Anya                          Lawrence
              Waghorn

I'm not a Zoon hater, but Anya has had the better performances in pre season, to be honest.

I'll be surprised if Anya is anyone near the starting 11. Honestly I thought he flattered to deceive in pre season and was actually a lot poorer than people are saying.

I'm not 100% how we will ultimately line up. 

I think there are some players that I'm positive will start 90% of the season if fit: Roos (if he isn't replaced) Bogle, Keogh, Clarke, Malone, Bielik, Dowell, Waghorn.

After that I think Cocu has to answer the question of is Mariott good enough and reliable enough for us to play two up front? Because I think that will entirely dictate what the rest of the team looks . If yes we play a diamond or 352. If no then 433 and a new winger coming in next seems hugely likely.

If I was to make a bet it would be a 433 and the remaining two players to come in will be a RW and then either a keeper or a midfielder. And we end up looking like this:

Roos*

Bogle Keogh Clarke Malone 

Bielik

Dowell     Holmes*

New         Waghorn      Lawrence 

*Replace either one depending on where the other new player comes in. 

And then we occasionally switch to a diamond/352 when the need arises dropping one or both wide players.

I'm thinking two holding midfielders for a tough away fixture.

Obviously the back four seems nailed on to be as above.

Roos

Bogle   Keogh   Clarke   Malone

Bielik    Shinnie

Dowell                    Lawrence

Waghorn    Marriott

It won't be the above as this type of formation has not been played pre-season but its what I'd go with if everyone was fit.

Think Waggy and Marriott are both more suited to playing with a partner alongside.

Hopefully Huddersfiled have still got a hangover from last season.

Regards

Gangway D from the Terrace

Very tricky. Without further additions and if everyone's fit I'd go for:

Roos

Bogle      Keogh     Clarke     Lowe

Bielik

Holmes        Dowell

Waghorn       Marriott       Lawrence

Subs: Carson Evans Shinnie Sibley Bennett Josefzoon Martin

Missing out: Davies, Malone, Huddlestone, Wisdom, Anya, Forsyth, Thorne, Bird, Buchanan, Mitchell, Ravas

Lots of pace in the "transition". Every position with cover. Significant options to change the game from the bench. Adds value to the squad with the roles for Lowe and Sibley. Although we talk about a 4-3-3 I feel this is more flexible and fluid and might see Tom Lawrence sometimes drifting inside into a number 10 role behind Marriott and Waghorn.

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Very tricky. Without further additions and if everyone's fit I'd go for:

Roos

Bogle      Keogh     Clarke     Lowe

Bielik

Holmes        Dowell

Waghorn       Marriott       Lawrence

Subs: Carson Evans Shinnie Sibley Bennett Josefzoon Martin

Missing out: Davies, Malone, Huddlestone, Wisdom, Anya, Forsyth, Thorne, Bird, Buchanan, Mitchell, Ravas

Lots of pace in the "transition". Every position with cover. Significant options to change the game from the bench. Adds value to the squad with the roles for Lowe and Sibley. Although we talk about a 4-3-3 I feel this is more flexible and fluid and might see Tom Lawrence sometimes drifting inside into a number 10 role behind Marriott and Waghorn.

I like that. Too soon for Huddersfield away if Cocu said Marriott and Holmes not ready? 

Plenty of people shoehorning Waggy & Marriott into the same team by playing Waggy wide. I'm not sure that  Cocu will see that as an option, but will prefer to see an out and out winger on the right.

For Waggy & Marriott to play together will probably require Marriott in a role behind Waggy like we saw briefly in one of the USA friendlies.

39 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Plenty of people shoehorning Waggy & Marriott into the same team by playing Waggy wide. I'm not sure that  Cocu will see that as an option, but will prefer to see an out and out winger on the right.

For Waggy & Marriott to play together will probably require Marriott in a role behind Waggy like we saw briefly in one of the USA friendlies.

Hardly a shoehorn. The best most consistent we played was when waggy was on the right and Marriott through the middle

I know it will probably be 433 but I'd like to see this occasionally

Roos or New

Keogh    Evans    Clarke

Bogle                      Bielik                          Malone

Lawrence/Holmes        Dowell/Shinnie

Marriott      Waghorn

3 CB's who can play a pass... Shinnie helping Malone and Holmes with Bogle for a more defensive 3 but Lawrence and Dowell if we need to be more attacking...this is not shoe horning Marriott and Waghorn in as i genuinely think together they could be awesome and have showed signs of that already in the small time they've played together as a 2.....think Bielik is key and gives us the platform to be able to do this 

16 minutes ago, Simo said:

Any reason why people are picking Malone over Lowe? 

Lowe has more upside, I'd stick him in as LB just like Frank did last season with Bogle - hopefully he'd flourish just the same.

He cost £3 million basically plus higher wages and in all fairness hasn’t done anything wrong ( both Malone and Lowe actual defending leaves a lot to be desired)

Archived