Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It can only be possible if we have money.

If Cocu comes, we have money from somewhere to back him, if not it will back up the fact we are working under a tighter budget (or certainly one a champions league manager would expect).

Mel does seem to be forging a bit of wriggle room FFP wise, so providing the room is there and the fire still burns within Mel, I'm sure he will be happy to have one last crack at it.

I am excited!

7m incoming from Chelsea.

First Rowett, then Lampard... Mel has found a new business model.

Who have been his backroom staff?

This is something that impressed me with the combination of Lampard and Morris. They actually developed some of the players. Some managers are better just at in-game tactics or managing personalities or spotting good players. It's important to have a good balance in the coaching team. It's something that let down Nigel and maybe Rowett too.

Still seems early for us to be making a decision on our first choice option to replace Lampard before he’s actually left and we’ve considered all the names on our shortlist- especially when that first choice is that ambitious an option and isn’t sure about the move. Understandable that he wants assurances over what budgets he’ll have, any manager will want to know the resources available before joining a club. We obviously have other options on a shortlist mind, so hopefully we should be covered either which way. Just need Lampards move to get confirmed now so we can crack on with things. If only Chelsea stop pissing around. Shouldn’t take much longer now, if it does they’re really taking the piss.

1 minute ago, inter politics said:

Who have been his backroom staff?

This is something that impressed me with the combination of Lampard and Morris. They actually developed some of the players. Some managers are better just at in-game tactics or managing personalities or spotting good players. It's important to have a good balance in the coaching team. It's something that let down Nigel and maybe Rowett too.

Cocu signed a four-year contract as manager of PSV. Joined by Faber and Chris van der Weerden as his assistants, Cocu stressed his emphasis on developing players from the PSV youth ranks. On 18 April 2015, Cocu won the Eredivisie title after a 4–1 win over Heerenveen. This was PSV's first league title since 2008, also ending a four-year domination of the league by Ajax. Cocu's team successfully defended the league title one season later.

I found this on his Wiki page - ticks a lot of the boxes going on from what Mel said....

3 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Cocu signed a four-year contract as manager of PSV. Joined by Faber and Chris van der Weerden as his assistants, Cocu stressed his emphasis on developing players from the PSV youth ranks. On 18 April 2015, Cocu won the Eredivisie title after a 4–1 win over Heerenveen. This was PSV's first league title since 2008, also ending a four-year domination of the league by Ajax. Cocu's team successfully defended the league title one season later.

I found this on his Wiki page - ticks a lot of the boxes going on from what Mel said....

Faber is manager at Groningen. I imagine Chris van der Weerden would join him, as he joined him at Fenerbache.

Archived