Some advice for Mel

Gringo

The Chelsea CEO Marina Granovskaia, played hardball with Juventus refusing to give in until Chelsea got a very significant compensation payment, Mel should similarly play the same game as her and refuse to give permission for talks until there is also a very significant payment agreed. The figure of £4m mentioned will hardly compensate for the situation of losing a manager this close to the new season, Lampard is under contract and we have no obligation to allow anybody permission to talk to him.

Mel stand firm do not do a Theresa May.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chelsea held on until they got the compensation to pay up sarris contract which you would expect to be entitled to with any manager poaching. That’s all. Wasn’t particulary hard ball stuff, juve were just playing silly buggers. Every report so far has said Chelsea are more than willing to pay the full amount to us of 4m, so we have no reason to play hard ball imo. We don’t have to accept it of course, but really it’s not fair to stop a manager who wants to leave (not good business for that matter, given they won’t be happy in the role) when you’re getting everything you’re really entitled to. We should conduct ourselves with dignity and respect and let frank speak to Chelsea if they’re happy to pay the full 4m, which it sounds like they are. Regardless 4m is an excellent fee imo, almost unprecedented for a championship manager so I wouldn’t be complaining, I think that’s fantastic business by Mel.

No need for this to turn nasty, Lampard has conducted himself excellently as manager here, so we should be just as respectful if he wants to leave. Works both ways,

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Chelsea held on until they got the compensation to pay up sarris contract which you would expect to be entitled to with any manager poaching. That’s all. Wasn’t particulary hard ball stuff, juve were just playing silly buggers. Every report so far has said Chelsea are more than willing to pay the full amount to us of 4m, so we have no reason to play hard ball imo. We don’t have to accept it of course, but really it’s not fair to stop a manager who wants to leave (not good business for that matter, given they won’t be happy in the role) when you’re getting everything you’re really entitled to. We should conduct ourselves with dignity and respect and let frank speak to Chelsea if they’re happy to pay the full 4m, which it sounds like they are. Regardless 4m is an excellent fee imo, almost unprecedented for a championship manager so I wouldn’t be complaining, I think that’s fantastic business by Mel.

No need for this to turn nasty, Lampard has conducted himself excellently as manager here, so we should be just as respectful if he wants to leave. Works both ways,

Wrong about the compensation for Sarri, contractually it was £5m Chelsea actually negotiated £8m according to Usa press, they want something we have got we need to stand firm, we are in the right.

10 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

The only advice Mel needs is not to read forums or internet rumours.

As if that’s going to happen! ?

2 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Wrong about the compensation for Sarri, contractually it was £5m Chelsea actually negotiated £8m according to Usa press, they want something we have got we need to stand firm, we are in the right.

They negotiated some clauses which means it could rise to 8m based on performances as far as I could tell in the media (potentially more). So while they probably will get more than it, the 5m is the base compensation they’ve received now still. I would expect potentially similar clauses in any move Lampard makes, but the base compensation will still be 4m. Chelsea will be more than happy to Chuck a million or so our way if he wins the league for instance, I’m sure. No need for a battle here. It’s not a player transfer.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

They negotiated some clauses which means it could rise to 8m based on performances as far as I could tell in the media (potentially more). So while they probably will get more than it, the 5m is the base compensation they’ve received now still. I would expect potentially similar clauses in any move Lampard makes, but the base compensation will still be 4m. Chelsea will be more than happy to Chuck a million or so our way if he wins the league for instance, I’m sure. No need for a battle here. It’s not a player transfer.

You will go a long way in business....not

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

If you wanna go around unfairly pissing off other businesses (and people) when you’re not entitled to then you go Ahead... see where that takes you. Cause it won’t be very far.

And if you want to go around giving in on every negotiation you will end up asking people do you want fries with that.

19 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

And if you want to go around giving in on every negotiation you will end up asking people do you want fries with that.

I've long harboured the thought that it would be life enhancing to adopt @DarkFruitsRam7 and / or @Millenniumram.  It is with great sadness that I concede that (on the basis of one pithy response) @Asheville Ram is better qualified for the job.

2 hours ago, Asheville Ram said:

The Chelsea CEO Marina Granovskaia, played hardball with Juventus refusing to give in until Chelsea got a very significant compensation payment, Mel should similarly play the same game as her and refuse to give permission for talks until there is also a very significant payment agreed. The figure of £4m mentioned will hardly compensate for the situation of losing a manager this close to the new season, Lampard is under contract and we have no obligation to allow anybody permission to talk to him.

You clearly have a limited grasp of negotiation, which involves taking account of the relative strengths of the parties involved and are reminiscent of the Black Knight.

Be it player or manager if they want to move on it is futile to ignore reality

9 hours ago, Asheville Ram said:

Best not mention Red Lines......you'll only provoke B4........?

10 hours ago, Asheville Ram said:

Here's my advise to you...

quiet ben stiller GIF

I think Mel knows what he's doing...

Archived