IF Frank and Jody were to go...

IslandExile

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

As great a player as Stimac was it appears as a manager he's a successful as fish setting up home in the sahara. That would be best avoided I think.

I was thinking more assistant for him, Bilic as the number one. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Yeah, maybe still too soon, sorry.

I really do hope he stays. Jody's "always a Ram" has been haunting me though. See Will Hughes, Mason Mount... It's the kind of thing people say as they collect their coat.

I think that got massively misinterpreted to be honest. Think it was just supposed to be something to motivate us all for next season. 

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Didn’t Jokanovic ask for huge money off West Brom & Boro? 

Depends how much 'huge' is really. I can't imagine Moore was on much and Boro seem to be a bit tighter with money in recent seasons.

Jokanovic's record in this league would demand more money than a lot of other options

9 minutes ago, iolanthe said:

How about the Crowley brothers?

Lincoln play a very direct, physical style. I like the Cowleys, they're very intelligent & great man managers but totally ill-suited to Derby from a style point of view.

If the worst happens, we need someone with a track record of playing both good football & bringing through youth. 

24 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I'd give Chris Martin the job as full time manager so at least everyone could shut up about him playing for us

But if he's only signed on as manager, would he be able to sign on as a player during the season for next season's playoffs?

On 28/05/2019 at 22:49, Ambitious said:

If we do lose our management team, something that I'm slightly dubious about, then we should look to appoint someone with pedigree of developing young players. I'd also look at what Leeds have done with Bielsa, i.e. pay big money for a very qualified manager. I know it's pie in the sky, but Phillip Cocu was recently sacked by Fenerbache. He signed a €2.5m deal at the start of the season, which was FIVE TIMES the value of his contract at PSV where he won the league three times out of his five seasons. We could pay that out for him, it's still a fraction of what Bielsa is earning at Leeds. 

Equally, I wouldn't mind the Croatians taking the helm... 

image.thumb.png.460117b0fac7c8d1a48c525059eca26b.png

Stimac has just been appointed manager of the Indian national team.

It would need to be someone who would continue the same style of football. Jokanovic could fit the bill but will he operate within financial constraints and will he use the academy? Other than that it’s managers that are in jobs already. I think Alex Neil would be a good choice, would have to pay Preston compo though. Gary Monk would also be a good choice. Both play that style of football (using Monk’s Swansea, Leeds and Boro as an example not Brum), have shown they can adapt tactically when needed to a more physical style, and they can both work with a tight budget.

But obviously Frank is first choice!! ??

45 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

There are some absolutely horrific shouts in this thread.

Yes, it does generally show that us football fans really don't know what we're on about. If I was going to rank them, in seriousness, then my tongue in cheek suggestion of Chris Martin would not be bottom of the list - by a long way.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Stimac has just been appointed manager of the Indian national team.

OK, I'll start the ball rolling:

- Could be stressful, hope he's got a healthy tikka

- He only went for the half time chaat

- Hope it doesn't become a saaga for him

Archived