IF Frank and Jody were to go...

IslandExile

Sky Sports have reported that West Brom have approached Sheff Utd for Chris Wilder, I thought they were dreaming if they thought they coukd get him - just promoted and a blades fan but apparently there is board stuff going on and it's not as impossible as it sounds,

Sky also say that a Premier league club and another un-named championship club have also asked to be kept informed of developments......would not be surprised at all if we are the other championship club,  makes total sense to be prepared in case Chelsea do come for Frank 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/05/2019 at 12:14, Louby said:

Sol Campbell would be interesting. He has shown his talent in the lower leagues this season. He is known around the world for his footballing career, so he should be able to attract good players. He has a passion for football and a loyalty which can be seen when he is still with his current club even though he has not been paid in months. He works on promoting youth. I just feel I would need to see him manager for another season before he would be ready for the next step up.  

Please no. He is too complicated a character.

1 hour ago, Slim charles said:

Sky Sports have reported that West Brom have approached Sheff Utd for Chris Wilder, I thought they were dreaming if they thought they coukd get him - just promoted and a blades fan but apparently there is board stuff going on and it's not as impossible as it sounds,

Sky also say that a Premier league club and another un-named championship club have also asked to be kept informed of developments......would not be surprised at all if we are the other championship club,  makes total sense to be prepared in case Chelsea do come for Frank 

Rumours around Nottingham that Forest are the other club, as O'Neill is not getting with he greek ******.

1 hour ago, Slim charles said:

Be Boro........

2 hours ago, Slim charles said:

I'm not saying there's no truth in this, but it will be Wilder using it as leverage to get the backing he requires at United. He's a massive blades fan, there isn't a chance in hell that he doesn't lead them through the Premier campaign.

51 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I wouldn’t begrudge frank and Jody leaving for their dream job. I’m just annoyed it looks like another disrupted summer when we should be well into our plans for another promotion push. 

Agree but with Chelsea and Frank at their current stages of development the scenario could be anything but a dream.

Frank yet to fully formulate his coaching philosophy and without any coaching successes to wow the senior pros with.

Chelsea impatient to reclaim the absolute heights but fettered in the short term by the umbongo and losing Hazard as seems likely. 

Not saying it won't happen but if Frank is as shrewd, patient and self confident then he might very well conclude that next changeover at Chelsea will look a lot better. 

If he did leave, I’d like us to take another gamble on a “name” with contacts.

Looking at odds for the Boro job, I’d imagine ours would be relatively similar. From that I’d quite like us to take a punt on Mikel Arteta. I have no idea how realistic that would be, but he’s 5/1 for Boro.

I started this thread because I couldn't sleep thinking there was no one that could take over and be as good as Frank and Jody.

While there are some reasonable candidates - and some very negative ones - I am still of the mind that Frank is the ideal.

I love his style of football, his rapport with the fans and that he is so respectful of the club and its history.

I hope they stay. 

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If he did leave, I’d like us to take another gamble on a “name” with contacts.

Looking at odds for the Boro job, I’d imagine ours would be relatively similar. From that I’d quite like us to take a punt on Mikel Arteta. I have no idea how realistic that would be, but he’s 5/1 for Boro.

Not a good fit .... Arteta has been used to playing nice football and for the life of me cannot ever remember Boro being a decent footballing side.......from Jack Charltons sides to Pulis's , Karanka, Mowbray etc etc ........maybe a better fit for us for sure 

Archived