IF Frank and Jody were to go...

IslandExile

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given I think Chelsea are the only club who would take him this summer, if he is still here Thursday afternoon, then I'm pretty sure they will be staying.

If not, then let's hope Boro, Swansea or WBA haven't moved by then

2 hours ago, Ramdale said:

No chance. His teams play percentage football like Allardyce, Rowett & Pearson. This isn't a discussion right now, however if it became one I would hope Morris has learnt his lessons and should go in a similar direction as to this year with Frank.

Absolutely spot on. A good mate of mine is a big Brighton fan. As successful as he’s been, and as thankful as he is for him taking them to the premier league, he wasn’t shedding a tear when he got sacked. The football was generally defensive and horrible, he’s absolutely in the mould of the names you’ve mentioned and we’ve been down that road before, I could see it being a repeat of Pearson.

anyway, frank and Jody are staying put.

15 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

Why are we even having this discussion? He isn’t going anywhere ?

I'm afraid it's my fault; I could not sleep thinking about the alternatives should they leave.

I've watched Frank's post match interviews and read the Jody's social media posts.....I think they could be taken both ways. Should they stay or go (might be a song in there somewhere).

Not every football fan has B4's optimism (that's why B4 is so important to us), most are pessimistic and one interpretation of the interviews and posts is "we have loved learning our trade at Derby and we would have liked to have given you promotion in return for the opportunity you gave us but..."

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Thought Boro were after Terry or is he now staying with Villa? Either way, not for us please.

Asked a couple of villa fans at willesden junction about this yesterday. 

They all desperate for jt to stay. The stuff about boro had vaguely penetrated the west Midlands but was generally accepted to be bullpoo ?

If we do lose our management team, something that I'm slightly dubious about, then we should look to appoint someone with pedigree of developing young players. I'd also look at what Leeds have done with Bielsa, i.e. pay big money for a very qualified manager. I know it's pie in the sky, but Phillip Cocu was recently sacked by Fenerbache. He signed a €2.5m deal at the start of the season, which was FIVE TIMES the value of his contract at PSV where he won the league three times out of his five seasons. We could pay that out for him, it's still a fraction of what Bielsa is earning at Leeds. 

Equally, I wouldn't mind the Croatians taking the helm... 

image.thumb.png.460117b0fac7c8d1a48c525059eca26b.png

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

I'm afraid it's my fault; I could not sleep thinking about the alternatives should they leave.

I've watched Frank's post match interviews and read the Jody's social media posts.....I think they could be taken both ways. Should they stay or go (might be a song in there somewhere).

Not every football fan has B4's optimism (that's why B4 is so important to us), most are pessimistic and one interpretation of the interviews and posts is "we have loved learning our trade at Derby and we would have liked to have given you promotion in return for the opportunity you gave us but..."

Or both ways at the same time? Does lil Morris want to be a manager? The minute Frank ever leaves, we should be tying Morris to a goalpost at PP until he agrees a new deal. 

5 hours ago, Simo said:

Can't see them going. Morris posted on his Instagram few hours ago a pic of him wearing a Derby top with the words "Always a Ram". Doesn't seem to be the behviour of someone that's about to leave 

The more I think about this, the more I panic.

That is the kind of thing you say when you leave a club that you've enjoyed being at as opposed to one that you're going to stay with for at least another year.

Also, remember a year ago, before Lampard's arrival was announced, Jody dropped a few cryptic hints on social media. Maybe he's doing the same again.

Darn. I won't sleep again tonight ?

15 hours ago, G-Ram said:

If frank did go id like Mel to be brave again go for Mikel Arteta rather than thevl usual suspects that will no doubt be linked

Very, very good shout. Very highly rated at Man City in all respects (man-management, tactics, etc). It'd be ambitious as I think his stock is rising rapidly but might just be worth a chat if Frank goes (which I doubt).

Arteta for me would be a good shout, although i think his stock may already be too high for us. Can see him going to a top flight team abroad soon, seems like Pep is moulding him as a protégé.

If you want good football that leaves Jokanovic somewhere near the top, although he'd need a year or so to get us going. 

If you want promotion, i'm not sure there is a better manager available at getting teams out this league than Houghton, although the football isn't always incredible. 

Moyes, Bilic, Cowley brothers and Flynn are others i'm sure will be mentioned. 

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Let’s do this if it happens and not speculate.

Perhaps it is too soon so I apologize if I offended anyone, though speculation does play a large part in football chat.

It was born out of shear panic.  The odds (1/4 on) are not in our favour and Jody's Instagram post seemed like a "bye".

I hope it does not happen - Frank, Jody etc have been brilliant and just what we need.

Obviously I don't want Frank to go etc etc.  If we do have to replace him, then I don't care *who* it is, I care *what* it is (if that makes grammatical sense).  It has to be someone that is going to play a similar style of football to Lampard, that can just take the current squad, maybe tweak it slightly, but not make any radical changes to the style of play.  The last thing we want to do is go McClaren->Clement->Wassall->Pearson->McClaren->Rowett->Lampard again, with all the associated turnover of players and 'time to adapt to the new system' etc each time.  Plus it keeps the same path for youth players coming into the first team, so we don't suddenly decide we want to play direct when we have an academy full of ball-players.  Beyond that, I don't care who they are, whether they're all proven manager at this level or an unknown rookie, English or foreign etc.

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Perhaps it is too soon so I apologize if I offended anyone, though speculation does play a large part in football chat.

It was born out of shear panic.  The odds (1/4 on) are not in our favour and Jody's Instagram post seemed like a "bye".

I hope it does not happen - Frank, Jody etc have been brilliant and just what we need.

Don’t apologise, just post your views mate , that’s what the forums for?

Archived