IF Frank and Jody were to go...

IslandExile

What a fantastic season. I have thoroughly enjoyed that season - more attacking football, youngsters breaking through, top quality loans. Some of the football, especially away at West Brom and Boro away was sublime. The excitement at Norwich and Bristol, the injury time against QPR. And, above all, we will always have the semi-final against Leeds ?.

I accepted the play off loss to Villa better than I expected. In a way, it was a free hit because of lower expectations in Franks's first season, the turnover of players and so on.

Nevertheless, I could not sleep last night.

Frank ?and Jody? have reinvigorated the club, re-established the bond between supporters, owner and players. It's been brilliant.

One day, they will leave for Chelsea but what if it is now?? ? Bookies are so often in the know.

I could not sleep because I cannot think of any manager that could provide the same uplifting spirit that Frank has done this season.

Please not a return to the journeymen managers of Allardyce, Pardew, Pullis, Hughton and so on. Shudder.?

There is no one I can imagine who would be as good a fit as FL and play the "Derby way".

I see the guy at Lincoln is starting to get linked with bigger clubs but how would the players react having had someone of Frank's stature?

Stimac - "unfinished business" but never that successful as a coach. Eranio - did he ever get passed coaching in the academies?

The only other person I still feel an emotional bond to is Nigel Clough (just in case any fool thought I meant Nigel Pearson ?) but I know others judge Clough Jr. more harshly than me (even though he never had a chance after getting rid of the deadwood).

So, please, please stay Frank, Jody, Chris and Shay.

But if they must go.....who the flip would take their place? And, no, not Schteve again.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Hughton.

No chance. His teams play percentage football like Allardyce, Rowett & Pearson. This isn't a discussion right now, however if it became one I would hope Morris has learnt his lessons and should go in a similar direction as to this year with Frank.

3 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

No chance. His teams play percentage football like Allardyce, Rowett & Pearson. This isn't a discussion right now, however if it became one I would hope Morris has learnt his lessons and should go in a similar direction as to this year with Frank.

Sol Campbell then?!?!?!?!

14 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

If frank did go id like Mel to be brave again go for Mikel Arteta rather than thevl usual suspects that will no doubt be linked

Mel isn't usually one for the tried and failed brigade, and I never really felt he fully believed in Pearson or Mac2, he did with Rowett, kept faith and the team made the play offs, gave Clement a shot, then Wassall. I think if FL left he'd give someone on the up the chance over "the usual suspects"

This is not the time for a chat about what ifs and maybes. We are a club who has a manager, one that the majority of our fans are happy with. No need to see who’s out there, we'll cross that bridge if we need to cross the river again soon. Right now we’re resting before another assault at promotion next season

37 minutes ago, Simo said:

Can't see them going. Morris posted on his Instagram few hours ago a pic of him wearing a Derby top with the words "Always a Ram". Doesn't seem to be the behviour of someone that's about to leave 

Will Hughes' parting words were 'always a Ram'.

2 hours ago, G-Ram said:

If frank did go id like Mel to be brave again go for Mikel Arteta rather than thevl usual suspects that will no doubt be linked

I really like this suggestion and other left field names if Lampard was to leave. Of course it’s a risk but for Huddersfield and Norwich it really pulle off. Mikel Arteta  is going to be a top manager, Guardiola has been raving about him the past few years and how important he is to Man City, it’s not like a Clement situation, Arteta has been more hands on with tactical work and actual coaching.  Brighton were after him before they went for Potter. Xabi Alonso is another one, another one like Lampard with a big football IQ, won the league with the Real Madrid juniors so it’s unlikely he’d leave there though.

Of course you have the obvious names like Wagner, Hughton and Jokanovic.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

I really like this suggestion and other left field names. Of course it’s a risk but for Huddersfield and Norwich it really pulle off. Mikel Arteta  is going to be a top manager, Guardiola has been raving about him the past few years and how important he is to Man City, it’s not like a Clement situation, Arteta has been more hands on with tactical work and actual coaching.  Brighton were after him before they went for Potter. Xabi Alonso is another one, another one like Lampard with a big football IQ, won the league with the Real Madrid juniors so it’s unlikely he’d leave there though.

Of course you have the obvious names like Wagner, Hughton and Jokanovic.

Interesting one regarding Arteta. Could be wrong but I get the impression he expects a managing job at a top Premier League club. 

Archived