IF Frank and Jody were to go...

IslandExile

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't care as long as it now follows this model of attacking football with young, exciting players. 

We've gone some way this season to developing an identity this season. 'Trying to play the 'right way' with young talented players'. 

As close to 'the Derby way' as envisioned by Morris as I think we've ever been (without wanting to drag up that phrase as stick to beat us with). 

We went to wembley with 2 academy prospects in the starting eleven and another 2 on the bench. We went to wembley with Roos, Bogle, Tomori, Mount, Lawrence, Wilson, Bennett in our starting line up. Now some will leave/some will return to parent clubs but its so much easier to connect with a team like that than a bunch of journeymen we overpaid for. 

Sol Campbell would be interesting. He has shown his talent in the lower leagues this season. He is known around the world for his footballing career, so he should be able to attract good players. He has a passion for football and a loyalty which can be seen when he is still with his current club even though he has not been paid in months. He works on promoting youth. I just feel I would need to see him manager for another season before he would be ready for the next step up.  

2 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

There's no way I'm accepting the hypothesis that Mason Mount is coming back as player manager next season ?

It’s about as sensible a proposition as anything else in this thread ?

9 hours ago, Louby said:

Sol Campbell would be interesting. He has shown his talent in the lower leagues this season. He is known around the world for his footballing career, so he should be able to attract good players. He has a passion for football and a loyalty which can be seen when he is still with his current club even though he has not been paid in months. He works on promoting youth. I just feel I would need to see him manager for another season before he would be ready for the next step up.  

Isn't he a bit of a ********* though?

15 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

Obviously I don't want Frank to go etc etc.  If we do have to replace him, then I don't care *who* it is, I care *what* it is (if that makes grammatical sense).  It has to be someone that is going to play a similar style of football to Lampard, that can just take the current squad, maybe tweak it slightly, but not make any radical changes to the style of play.  The last thing we want to do is go McClaren->Clement->Wassall->Pearson->McClaren->Rowett->Lampard again, with all the associated turnover of players and 'time to adapt to the new system' etc each time.  Plus it keeps the same path for youth players coming into the first team, so we don't suddenly decide we want to play direct when we have an academy full of ball-players.  Beyond that, I don't care who they are, whether they're all proven manager at this level or an unknown rookie, English or foreign etc.

Exactly this. We always need a manager who plays somewhat attractive football and a good youth policy too.

#TheDerbyWay

Kudos to Mel for appointing the right manager this time.

3 hours ago, IslandExile said:

? I'm sure you know what I'm saying... that Jody's Instagram post sounded like a goodbye to me.

3 hours ago, SaffyRam said:

And I’m delighted to say that you’re very wrong ?

In fairness Jody's Instagram is basically videos of himself and his mates drinking champagne at 4am in his flat in their pants until they're deleted at 10am after he's recieved his text from Frank telling him to sober the frig up.

Jody Morris has about as much clue what job he,ll be in next season as we do.

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 22:49, Ambitious said:

If we do lose our management team, something that I'm slightly dubious about, then we should look to appoint someone with pedigree of developing young players. I'd also look at what Leeds have done with Bielsa, i.e. pay big money for a very qualified manager. I know it's pie in the sky, but Phillip Cocu was recently sacked by Fenerbache. He signed a €2.5m deal at the start of the season, which was FIVE TIMES the value of his contract at PSV where he won the league three times out of his five seasons. We could pay that out for him, it's still a fraction of what Bielsa is earning at Leeds. 

Equally, I wouldn't mind the Croatians taking the helm... 

image.thumb.png.460117b0fac7c8d1a48c525059eca26b.png

As great a player as Stimac was it appears as a manager he's a successful as fish setting up home in the sahara. That would be best avoided I think.

Archived