Banners on M1 nr Leicester

ramjam1884

Probably an unpopular opinion but a) it's funny & b) they are a club we should be focusing on a bit more - even if its more from an ambition to be at their level rather than an out & out rivalry

Forest are pathetic & really not worth the attention that some of our support lavish on them.

On the other hand, I'd swap our last 20 years with Leicester's any day - they've won things & have the squad and setup poised to win more pots if the big boys have another 'season off' like 2015/16

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football is just a game and today, I'm over it already.

Don't understand why people lose it or get wound up by banter. As Alpha said, they wasted an hour making the banners and putting them up, so joke is on them a little. I chuckled and then got on with my life.

Never understood grown men giving the W***** sign to 36,000 people. The only idiot there is the one doing it.

3 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

On the other hand, I'd swap our last 20 years with Leicester's any day.

Absolutely - what is it: 

2016 League Title

1997 & 2000 League Cup

2014 Championship Winners

2009 League One Champions

Go back a further five years and add:

1994 (!) and 1996 Championship Playoff Winners.

Most clubs would be envious of that outside the top four or six.

12 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

NW Leicestershire is the worst. 

I have always lived here and there was never a leicester fan in sight until they won the league now they are everywhere. 

What he said -  no idea where this hatred of Derby comes from, but it was rather gratifying to shut them up when they were in our local singing "Champions of England, you'll never sing that" with "Come back when you've won it twice". They also tend not to mention our 11 point season after you remind them it was also the season they went down to the 3rd tier in football.   

1 hour ago, kingsy1884 said:

NW Leicestershire is the worst. 

I have always lived here and there was never a leicester fan in sight until they won the league now they are everywhere. 

Need culling a bit these foxes. A lot of foxes around me way usually get run over in the road at night.

13 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

And what about Coalville and Barwell, may I ask? Not to mention Leicester Road F.C and Hinckley A.F.C.

So many rivals already. Why do they bother trying to rile Derby and the Gumps when there are clubs with a similar-sized fanbase as their own closer to home?

6 hours ago, Boycie said:

I laughed as I pointed them out. Fair play, we’d do the same if the tables were turned.

oh! Big shout out the the rams flags on the bridge way down the M1! I saw yer! ????

Several Rams banners in 2007 on bridges in the Lutterworth area also.

3 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

Anyone think these are actually quite good?

I don't care a jot about Leicester, but it's nice they try.

The middle one is almost witty, the other two are just a waste of cotton (probably polyester) and paint.

Not particularly sure why fans of a club who won the league as little as three years ago care about a team who never used to be able to get near them even when we were in the same division. Then again, they do have a particularly strange set of supporters.

Archived