Banners on M1 nr Leicester

ramjam1884

Anyone else stuck on the M1 feel slightly aggrieved at what were clearly foxy fans having a dig?

for anyone not travelling that way - 2 bridges had banners on, first one was something like ‘ for PL football, try jct 21’ and then ‘failure since 2007’.

wasnt around a the time but some mates at work have mentioned the same banner fest when we lost to Leicester years ago. Theyre still very angry at them for that... banter. but I just don’t get this one.

not being funny but we’re hardly doing them any harm or threat right now so who’s rattled their cage. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ramjam1884 said:

Anyone else stuck on the M1 feel slightly aggrieved at what were clearly foxy fans having a dig?

for anyone not travelling that way - 2 bridges had banners on, first one was something like ‘ for PL football, try jct 21’ and then ‘failure since 2007’.

wasnt around a the time but some mates at work have mentioned the same banner fest when we lost to Leicester years ago. Still very angry at them for that... banter. but I just don’t get this one.

not being funny but we’re hardly doing them any harm or threat right not so who’s rattled their cage. 

They're from lesta..... Its the level of class you'd expect....

I found it amusing that someone could be arsed to go to that length. On the stroke of full-time “Barbara, do we still have them spare bedsheets?” 

Sad really

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Leicester are utterly irrelevant. They’re a bit like Burton in that they try and drum up rivalries with teams who couldn’t give a duck about them. 

Leicester's natural rivals are Loughborough Town and Shepshed.

Yeah Leicester always get really weird with us. As Burton says, they try and get a reaction out of other clubs so they can pretend they have a rivalry. They’ve even tried it on with Spurs since 15/16 season.

Shows how little we care that many of our fans were happy for them when they won the Prem. 

We wouldnt do the same as them, because they are just another team to us. Despite sky sports efforts to pretend its a local Derby it isnt. Not for us at least.

We didnt care when they went down to League 1 and we still dont care now.

I live in leicester and have a full set of season tickets holder in laws there is a real polarity.

Some really hate Derby and  evy what forest and us have. Others wish us well and wanted us to go up to have a bit more of a local rivalry again.

I think generally they are a bit lonely and just want someone to play with. No more than that. 

1 hour ago, kingsy1884 said:

I live in leicester and have a full set of season tickets holder in laws there is a real polarity.

Some really hate Derby and  evy what forest and us have. Others wish us well and wanted us to go up to have a bit more of a local rivalry again.

I think generally they are a bit lonely and just want someone to play with. No more than that. 

Yeah I get that living and growing up on the N.W.Leicestershire border. 

Like unpopular kids in the playground, desperate for a mate and nobody will play with them.

Funny lot the foxes around me, won the league yet still crave OUR attention.

47 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Yeah I get that living and growing up on the N.W.Leicestershire border. 

Like unpopular kids in the playground, desperate for a mate and nobody will play with them.

Funny lot the foxes around me, won the league yet still crave OUR attention.

NW Leicestershire is the worst. 

I have always lived here and there was never a leicester fan in sight until they won the league now they are everywhere. 

Archived