Hang Your Heads In Shame

10 minutes ago, rsmini said:

We were up in block 512, most were joining in but we couldn't hear the lower sections let alone know what they were singing. The bounce at one point was very good and most joined in on level 5.

Totally agree with this. I was in 523, right near the back, there were a couple of us trying to get some songs going but it just didn't carry. 

I agree with @BurtonRam7 in that the "singing section" as advertised by the club didn't look like it got going fully, you could see pockets of people singing and clapping but it seemed like they were trying in vain.

I seen so many people not actually reading posts and thinking they know what has been written, gone off at the post and got it completely wrong, not just this thread but others as well. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some fans in my block spent more time running to the toilet or having a beer than they did watching the match. They were far too young to have prostate problems and as I was on the aisle seat my view was blocked many many times. Some of these fans were very vocal in their support but weren't very considerate to other fans.

4 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Yes, we do have a mix of fans like any club & I wouldn't expect older fans/families to necessarily be that vocal. Or indeed would I imply that they are 'lesser' fans.

But if you've been on the booze all day & start swaggering around Wembley like toytown Danny Dyers, then the least we should expect is a bit of noise and passion. And that was in very short supply from the lads I saw all around me. Like @BaaLocks suggests, some way of co-ordinating the support so that South Standers are allocated with like minded souls would work better for next time we get to Wembley.

the problem as i see it is there enough of the stand and sing brigade to take up a complete section of wembley personally i have got a clue how many each block caters for but surely where theres a will theres a way

On 27/05/2019 at 18:49, BurtonRam7 said:

No, not the players. The performance on the pitch wasn’t great, but it wasn’t terrible. I can take the loss.

What I can’t stomach is how embarrassing our fans  were today. I’ve seen more atmosphere in the North Stand for a pre-season friendly. When the boys needed us most in the second half, we let them down. A couple of us in the ‘singing section’ were trying to get things going but we were met with dirty looks and disdain. I was absolutely fuming for the majority of the second half because our ‘fans’ offered the square root of duck all.

I don’t care who this pisses off. I don’t care if I lose the respect of those who I hold in high regard on this forum. What I care about is representing my ducking club, and I felt ashamed to do that today. At the very least, we should have given the loanees a proper send off to thank them for their services, but the majority ducked off to beat the tube traffic.

I’ve never been as down after a game as I was today. And it’s got absolutely nothing to do with how the team played.

Embarrassing.

Its not the non singers or lack of support in the stadium.Its the morons who caused the trouble at Newport Pagnall services this is a disgrace by so called supporters of both side they are the ones that should hang their head in shame.BTW  it is not your club you are not alone in having great passion for OUR club but we dont all act as you would like us to

19 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

Its not the non singers or lack of support in the stadium.Its the morons who caused the trouble at Newport Pagnall services this is a disgrace by so called supporters of both side they are the ones that should hang their head in shame.BTW  it is not your club you are not alone in having great passion for OUR club but we dont all act as you would like us to

In this context he's right, it is his club, it doesn't necessarily exclude other people from his club, just as you can call it your club or our club, either wouldn't exclude the poster unless you specify it's your club and not his, which he doesn't in his post, yet you do in yours, ironically.

Powell has two 'L's by the way.

I agree hearing about the incident at Newport Pagnall is disgraceful, sounds like we were largely to blame as well.

7 minutes ago, curb said:

In this context he's right, it is his club, it doesn't necessarily exclude other people from his club, just as you can call it your club or our club, either wouldn't exclude the poster unless you specify it's your club and not his, which he doesn't in his post, yet you do in yours, ironically.

Powell has two 'L's by the way.

I agree hearing about the incident at Newport Pagnall is disgraceful, sounds like we were largely to blame as well.

Oh shame on me i mispelled a word please please forgive me

1 minute ago, TommyPowel said:

Oh shame on me i mispelled a word please please forgive me

It's not just a random word though it's the name of two of our most famous players, you could have at least googled it ?

(BTW you misspelt mispelled)

What a pathetic OP.

What (mostly) pathetic replies

Similair to the "I stand up so I'm proper fan" thing.

I buy a ticket which involves a seat. I expect to be able to sit in it and still see the game. 

I go to minimal away games because some selfish @#$$# is normally stood up in front of me.

my 3 boys and Dad can only see the back of someones head.

Anyway that should be in a different thread.

Back to Wembley. To quote the  OP. I don't care who this pisses off.

I didn't start any bounces. I didn't sing all match. I reacted to the game as it played out in front of my eyes.

Nor do I have the need to pour copius amounts of fruity alcohol pop down my face before or during a game of football.

If I met you Burton I would probably tell you to wind your neck in. In all probabilty I won't get that opportunity so my advice would be to just wind your neck in. 

You're not some Superfan you know!

You're just like plenty of us when we were your age. But I don't think anyone else ever nipped to the bogs at Sheff Wed.

You're at Uni now I do believe.

You're nearly a man. Time to start acting that way.

13 minutes ago, Charlie Dram said:

What a pathetic OP.

What (mostly) pathetic replies

Similair to the "I stand up so I'm proper fan" thing.

I buy a ticket which involves a seat. I expect to be able to sit in it and still see the game. 

I go to minimal away games because some selfish @#$$# is normally stood up in front of me.

my 3 boys and Dad can only see the back of someones head.

Anyway that should be in a different thread.

Back to Wembley. To quote the  OP. I don't care who this pisses off.

I didn't start any bounces. I didn't sing all match. I reacted to the game as it played out in front of my eyes.

Nor do I have the need to pour copius amounts of fruity alcohol pop down my face before or during a game of football.

If I met you Burton I would probably tell you to wind your neck in. In all probabilty I won't get that opportunity so my advice would be to just wind your neck in. 

You're not some Superfan you know!

You're just like plenty of us when we were your age. But I don't think anyone else ever nipped to the bogs at Sheff Wed.

You're at Uni now I do believe.

You're nearly a man. Time to start acting that way.

Yeah, @BurtonRam7. It's about time you stood up and became a man.

Oh no, wait. 

7 hours ago, rynny said:

Totally agree with this. I was in 523, right near the back, there were a couple of us trying to get some songs going but it just didn't carry. 

I don't think that wembley is great acoustically.

in tier 5 behind the goal v west brom i recall a constant reverberating din of white noise that drowned out everything.

in tier 2 at the side v villa it was hard to even hear the villa fans apart from a roar when they scored. Its noisy but with a lot of indistinct reflected sound bouncing around.

that is probably just the nature of a big bowl of an arena which is designed to contain sound - that then bounces around - in order to reduce the external noise levels to allow the venue to be used for noisy concerts. Ironic really. 

9 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I never said or suggested that it's a 'cauldron of noise' at Pride Park. It's a fairly average atmosphere for most games, something for which I'm willing to hold my hands up and accept that I contribute to the problem, as I (regretfully) sit in the North Stand  and don't have the balls to try and get an atmosphere going. However, there's usually more atmosphere in the South Stand on a Tuesday night than there was yesterday. It really was poor, especially, as I've mentioned, in the singing section, which I expected to be like the liveliest of Derby away ends. It was absolutely shocking that our fans couldn't get up for such a big game when our players arguably need it most. You only have to look at Brentford away (and Harry Wilson in particular) to see the effect a vocal support might have. I said before the game that, if we lost, I expected to be immensely proud of the club as I thought we would stay behind after the final whistle and sing our hearts out to thank the players for all their hard work this season. Did we do that? Did we duck.

And thanks very much for the subtle insult in the last paragraph. For your information, I very rarely have more than three pints at home games due to budget constraints. Even when I drink more at away games, I wouldn't describe myself as 'tanked up' at all, unless you can be tanked up by passion for a club.

To be fair most of your posts about away games brag about how drunk your gonna get or drunk you got ,pics of throwing up and such like ?

now it’s easy for us on here to figure that your probably a decent lad and as I said earlier have a brain because we see all your posts and get balance but spare a thought for people at away games who have no clue and are made very uncomfortable as all they see is a pissed up youth 

My mate was near the front of the top tier at Wembley and a guy on the front row wanted to stand up. My mate asked him to sit down as kids couldn't see and the guy and his dad (!) got all arsey and were offering him out for a fight.

They were both well drunk, and when the first goal went in, turned round to my mate and told him that is was his fault we were losing and that he was a rubbish fan. The two super fans left at 2-0.

Now the good news about this story is that my mate is a Watford fan and this was the fa cup semi final. Not only do other clubs have morons like us, but these 2 Bamfords missed the incredible Watford comeback vs Wolves.

This whole blame game is winding me up a fair bit.

Villa fans were no better than Derby apart from when they were winning and even then they weren't fantastic.

I personally had a great day and am hopeful for next season. May stay off the forum a few days for people to get a bit of a grip of themselves.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

To be fair most of your posts about away games brag about how drunk your gonna get or drunk you got ,pics of throwing up and such like ?

now it’s easy for us on here to figure that your probably a decent lad and as I said earlier have a brain because we see all your posts and get balance but spare a thought for people at away games who have no clue and are made very uncomfortable as all they see is a pissed up youth 

To be fair, I don’t think I really post about how drunk I’m going to be. I just crank  up the Dark Fruits-related posts pre-game because it’s become a bit of a running joke. Even when I do go a little far, I’m not an obnoxious drunk; rather I’m someone who will be taking a trip to the loo to get rid of the excess drink (which is very rare in itself). The one time I posted a pic of me being ill was one of the rare times that I really went for it at a home game. It’s the only time I’ve ever been ill on a matchday outside of the ground, home or away. And, as I’ve said before, my ‘drunken match reports’ are a little bit of a misnomer seeing as I rarely drink past half time.

I appreciate that you’re trying to make me think a bit more. I’ll take it on board but I’m genuinely not one of those boorish ricks that were there yesterday. The only time that people might have considered me as one of those was when I was getting pissed off that the ‘singing section’ were looking at us with disdain for trying to get an atmosphere going.

15 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

To be fair, I don’t think I really post about how drunk I’m going to be. I just crank  up the Dark Fruits-related posts pre-game because it’s become a bit of a running joke. Even when I do go a little far, I’m not an obnoxious drunk; rather I’m someone who will be taking a trip to the loo to get rid of the excess drink (which is very rare in itself). The one time I posted a pic of me being ill was one of the rare times that I really went for it at a home game. It’s the only time I’ve ever been ill on a matchday outside of the ground, home or away. And, as I’ve said before, my ‘drunken match reports’ are a little bit of a misnomer seeing as I rarely drink past half time.

I appreciate that you’re trying to make me think a bit more. I’ll take it on board but I’m genuinely not one of those boorish ricks that were there yesterday. The only time that people might have considered me as one of those was when I was getting pissed off that the ‘singing section’ were looking at us with disdain for trying to get an atmosphere going.

You are absolutely right in that I don’t believe you are fully into the stereotype drunken lout culture that sometimes your posts portray and that’s the reason I bothered to get involved in debating this with you and perhaps called you out on the fact that maybe you haven’t thought through your defending and promotion of certain behaviour, people around you at games don’t know you are ok they just see the outside ,

Archived