Hang Your Heads In Shame

11 hours ago, Igorlegend11 said:

....and when some fans remained standing after our equaliser they were asked to sit down repeatedly by our daytripper fans.  

Did I miss something? Was I at the same match? What equaliser? Did we win? Is this all a dream

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, having supported Derby home and away for over 40 years, that is probably the last away game I’ll ever go to, thanks to the behaviour of some of our own fans, one little gobsh1te in particular. You aren’t a better fan if you stand up and I shouldn’t have to defend my dad, who’s in his late 70s, because he can’t stand up and sing for the whole damn match. He’s a season ticket holder and has been following Derby for over 60 years.

If you can’t take your beer, don’t drink it. I’m still more upset about this than I am about the result.

Two points. 

The South Stand create 80% of the atmosphere at home games especially in regard to singing. Were they not dotted around the stadium? 

Without doubt a better start and a goal or two would have galvanised the fans. But. How many of our side would actually have made the team if we were promoted? Where’s the motivation? 

34 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

Well, having supported Derby home and away for over 40 years, that is probably the last away game I’ll ever go to, thanks to the behaviour of some of our own fans, one little gobsh1te in particular. You aren’t a better fan if you stand up and I shouldn’t have to defend my dad, who’s in his late 70s, because he can’t stand up and sing for the whole damn match. He’s a season ticket holder and has been following Derby for over 60 years.

If you can’t take your beer, don’t drink it. I’m still more upset about this than I am about the result.

Quality post mate , far too many think that getting as drunk as fast as they can ,staying drunk as long as they can ,throwing up ,pissing in the street in front of women and kids ,standing up in front of those who can’t or don’t want to stand all game and abusing those around them for not singing ,standing and behaving just like them is some kind of badge of honour,,, it isn’t ,it’s just the same crap you see in towns all round the country on Friday,Saturday nights and holiday towns abroad in the summer ,

heres a thought , next time we get to Wembley for a big game let’s keep the so called day trippers and plastics that are embarrassing us out ,lets only sell to season ticket holders and those with ten /five games attended , we will have empty seats and be a proper embarrassment then 

if I have to choose between Derby fans who only go big games or Derby fans who only go as an excuse to get on the piss and act like knobs I know which I choose

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Quality post mate , far too many think that getting as drunk as fast as they can ,staying drunk as long as they can ,throwing up ,pissing in the street in front of women and kids ,standing up in front of those who can’t or don’t want to stand all game and abusing those around them for not singing ,standing and behaving just like them is some kind of badge of honour,,, it isn’t ,it’s just the same crap you see in towns all round the country on Friday,Saturday nights and holiday towns abroad in the summer ,

heres a thought , next time we get to Wembley for a big game let’s keep the so called day trippers and plastics that are embarrassing us out ,lets only sell to season ticket holders and those with ten /five games attended , we will have empty seats and be a proper embarrassment then 

if I have to choose between Derby fans who only go big games or Derby fans who only as an excuse to get on the piss and act like knobs I know which I choose

Thanks for your support @Archied. My poor dad ?I’ve seen some bad fan behaviour over the years, but never been on the receiving end from our own before. And I was repeatedly told ‘support your team’. I was standing on the Popside before he was even born. Very upsetting.

That atmosphere was a bit flat but not nearly as bad as some are making out on here.

Wembley generally is hard because it's so big. People comparing it to Leeds is chalk and cheese - Leeds away is going into the backyard of a big rival with a hardcore minority support; Wembley is 50/50 with a very different support level in a ground so big you need everyone involved and that's never going to happen. 

I'm not that bothered about the noise yesterday.

I'm more disappointed with the way we played.  Villa weren't even that good yet we gifted them everything; possession, opportunity and ultimately goals. A very risky strategy from Lampard that backfired. Tbh as the first half wore on I didn't want to sing. I was just getting frustrated.

Such an opportunity missed. No point turning on each other.

Btw like what Villa did with their flags. Looked very impressive. 

11 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

The club need those cinema goers next season, irrespective of the atmosphere.  Every £ will be a prisoner. Thats just the way football is nowadays.

Dead right.  Home games understandable.   

West stand view is superb, yet the constant moaning and shouting from the older seated fans out my 9 year old daughter off having a season ticket again.

I like east stand but is more swearing there so I had a season ticket in w eat stand for three years.  

Some of our cinema style fans are not just annoying they prevent kids enjoying football.

Try watching 23games for 90minutes with constant moans and shouting bloody come on Derby.  That's rubbish.  Get a grip.   Get him off. ( Once said to Sam Winhall first half of a match.  Precious game he scored winner away as a sub ) 

And I reluctantly accept it at home.

For a Wembley final we allowed fans to go on a first come first served basis.

I really was shocked at the atmosphere at our end.

FFS I guess we’ve always got to piss & moan about something haven’t we!!! It was plenty noisy where I was sat, when there was something to get noisy about, but for the majority of the game, there wasn’t... Vill end was the same til both their goals.  Didn’t even hear a peep from them after the game!!! 

If this is the kinda poo that’s gonna be trotted out til August I think I’ll take a break...

I’m much more embarrassed by the fair-weather glory hunters telling Lampard to go to Chelsea because he played a bad team on purpose to ruin their day out in London. 

Pathetic. Utterly, utterly, indescribably and crippling pathetic. 

We didn’t even play badly yesterday ffs.

52 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

If you can’t take your Dark Fruits, don’t drink it. I’m still more upset about this than I am about the result.

There was a group going down on the train at 730am who were already so out of it that they swore at a women who requested the seats they sat in as she had a reservation, swore at and started fighting each other, then had one who burst into tears after being told by his mate he was ruining the day.

Ridiculous.

11 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

To clarify my point after calming down a little, my ire is mostly aimed at those who got tickets in the ‘singing section’ but simply refused to sing and looked at those who tried to do so with disdain. If you want to focus on the minutiae of the game, sit somewhere which reflects that.

Blame the way the tickets were sold, I wanted a certain area on the first day of sales only to be told there weren’t enough seats together for us.

Then they released more during the day.  

13 hours ago, Colm said:

Atmosphere was great where I was in block 122, could barely hear the villa fans at all second half... and we were right next to them!

same for me in 115, Villa were loud though.  Surprised that some of our fans are critical from where I was, pitch side we were loud but at 0-2 not sure what people expect

29 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I’m much more embarrassed by the fair-weather glory hunters telling Lampard to go to Chelsea because he played a bad team on purpose to ruin their day out in London. 

Pathetic. Utterly, utterly, indescribably and crippling pathetic. 

We didn’t even play badly yesterday ffs.

well said that man, have to say picking up the comments this morning I am pretty shocked by some of the anti Derby rhetoric.  Why have enemies when we have friends like these.

Can't believe our fans to be honest. We properly ducked up. I've heard from at least two players that despite the chance of playing in the Premier League, a chance of seeing their wages doubled, a chance of impressing in front of a world wide audience of millions all being on offer they just couldn't rise to the occasion because the fans weren't loud enough.

Villa fans were better than us and we should look into a better ticket allocation strategy to keep the noisy fans together, but anyone seriously suggesting that this has any particular importance needs to get their head out of their arse.

41 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

I didn't seem too much loutish behaviour but what I did see wasn't from Villa fans. Considering that they won, the behaviour of the Villa fans coming across and out of London was sound. 

I'm sure they've got their fair share it's just that you were lucky enough not to stumble across them amongst their 38000.

As I've said so many times, us, and our fans are in no way unique. 

Archived