Hang Your Heads In Shame

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I saw fans with replica shirts from the charity shield in 70s. They looked so new it was like they had never been worn. Clearly daytrippers who had a day out in the 70s and haven't been to a game since.

Oh ffs, I give up

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was up in the heavens and tried several times to get it going like the good old ossie end days. Folk were looking at me gone out! Surrounded by kids, girls and old blokes. Wembley is always tough to get going but today was crap. Modern football is shìt.

Well I'd like to say well done to all of the fans who made the trip today. It was a very long day- I didn't get home until 11.15pm and I have to say I saw and heard plenty of singing, shouting flag waving and support. I thought we matched Villa initially and we'd have been as loud if our players had scored. Fans show support in different ways. There isn't a rule book explaining how to be a good fan. Let's be more supportive and tolerant of each other. If people haven't been to any or many matches before let's encourage not criticise.

3 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Well I'd like to say well done to all of the fans who made the trip today. It was a very long day- I didn't get home until 11.15pm and I have to say I saw and heard plenty of singing, shouting flag waving and support. I thought we matched Villa initially and we'd have been as loud if our players had scored. Fans show support in different ways. There isn't a rule book explaining how to be a good fan. Let's be more supportive and tolerant of each other. If people haven't been to any or many matches before let's encourage not criticise.

You were the fan mention earlier who tried to throw a drink at villa fans and it went all over our lot. Go on, admit it! It was your first ever game too, wasn't it!

I thought the atmosphere in patches was okay but sometimes the players need to give the fans that umph with a crunching tackle belt out some passion do a maze run and win a corner and ask the crowd for it I just didnt see it 60 minutes we were temperement of standing off them 1 shot on goal when Marriott and waghorn came on and we went at them I felt the crowd then sometimes you cant always blame the crowd although it wasnt brilliant sometimes the players need to give the fans that push 

13 minutes ago, Xlor said:

I was up in the heavens and tried several times to get it going like the good old ossie end days. Folk were looking at me gone out! Surrounded by kids, girls and old blokes. Wembley is always tough to get going but today was crap. Modern football is shìt.

Please tell me this is a p*** take. I really can’t tell any more.

Had a cracking day, Derby County, Frank the lads and fans have nothing to be ashamed about... we all turned up and you can't win 'em all. 

Wasn't the loudest but in my opinion the feeling just wasn't there early on (nothing to do with the football) just the occasion, the amount riding on it, the nerves... at one point really early on in the match I was panicking?! What for? Should have been chuffed to be there.

For lots of reasons, some already mentioned some not, it was always gonna be a tough crowd today. 

Big differences between Derby and Villa, always have been always will be. Like it or not they're a bigger outfit, would I change Derby? No we're alright... 

Roll on next season in the crazy league.

Some good matches and away days. 

Before then we might get a decent pre-season trip? 

As you were.

?

4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

You were the fan mention earlier who tried to throw a drink at villa fans and it went all over our lot. Go on, admit it! It was your first ever game too, wasn't it!

Sorry to disappoint you but that doesn't describe me at all. I went to my first match in 1967, stood on the pop side through the Clough days and supported the team through the long list of managers since. And I have a voice like a foghorn or so I'm told. For all those who are so unhappy with some supporters I have an idea for you. Let's audition all prospective fans. Only joking by the way with that suggestion.

Shame is a horrible feeling to have and it's a dispicable one to try and impose on others over a game. 

I spent close on $2k to get here and then drove from Manchester via Matlock to London. Then a nightmare parking and getting to the ground to then sit away from my friends and I tried to get involved even though I was shattered and isolated. 

So before you start dishing out shame on other people stop to think for a minute. 

In other words, grow up. 

40 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Shame is a horrible feeling to have and it's a dispicable one to try and impose on others over a game. 

I spent close on $2k to get here and then drove from Manchester via Matlock to London. Then a nightmare parking and getting to the ground to then sit away from my friends and I tried to get involved even though I was shattered and isolated. 

So before you start dishing out shame on other people stop to think for a minute. 

In other words, grow up. 

Bloody daytripper. You're not a proper fan and if we get to wembley again you're not allowed to go.

5 hours ago, Xlor said:

I don’t understand your point? R u saying football matches aren’t for kids, girls and old people because they don’t sing?

My voice is still sounding rough this morning, but there will be plenty around me who's voice will be just as it was before they set off for Wembley.

We were in the top tier right above the singing section, and although we could see groups of them singing and clapping, the sound didn't really travel up to us.

There was a group to our right that made some good noise and we were trying hard to get those around us to join in, but the people in the row infront didn't sing, shout, wave a flag or basically do anything at all to support the team.

Those in the row behind, either don't like singing, or know the words to any of our songs, but one of them loved a good moan and liked shouting at people to sit down.

I seriously think the singers would be better off in the upper tier where the sound travels better.

10 hours ago, Igorlegend11 said:

Burton Ram totally correct.  Our support was woeful. 

I never once heard Lampard at the wheel song clearly ( an attempt behind goal in first half was nt even half hearted )

I can only conclude lots of fans got tickets who don't normally go. I also know lots of fans who don't go bar one or two games who went.

The way we sold tickets ensured non attending fans could get tickets.

Club can sell however they want.

But every action has a consequence and today the support was abject in comparison to Villas support 

Shame but true 

Leeds away fans supported all game long even when begind on the night and in the face of loudest home atmosphere I've ever experienced around a whole ground.

Today was as expected 

Only thing is it's unfair to expect fans who rarely go to games to have lasison to sing and offer vocal support.

Villa fans in middle tier section mostly stood in the TV side of ground.  We nearyl all say.....and when some fans remained standing after our equaliser they were asked to sit down repeatedly by our daytripper fans.  

I wasnt there and i am not apologizing for that.But i think you are twisting the facts to suit yourself.Derby sold 38000 tickets they average home game attendance is 27000(which includes traveling away fans)So you should be less sarcastic towards there was 11000 part time supporters who actually attended there are lots of different reasons why people cant get to most matches.Just thank yourself lucky you are in a position  to do so.

Archived