Hang Your Heads In Shame

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/05/2019 at 13:02, Davide said:

I honestly think fans got too drunk too early, the people round me could barely sing Derby, Derby in time they were dead on their feet after so many beers throughout the morning. I was just surprised by the general quietness when only 1-0 down. 

In the torch chants started about 3 hours before kick off. People seemed pretty worn out by 1 30 haha 

1 hour ago, Seaside Ram said:

Fair point , I think my old shirt quip has been misunderstood . I mean errea pedigree ones from 05 and EDS puma from 01 with all the transfers fell off . You aint telling me that is somones retro favourite, more like last time they went . There were 4 lads sat next to me in silence . When I asked 2 said they were Man Utd , one Liverpool and the end one said he was Derby but was on his phone most of the time . How did they get tickets ?? Agree the team hardly roused us and my point was more how rubbish Wembley is . No offence meant to any true Rams . DTID ????

I've got 4 or 5 shirts like that (falling to bits!).  I go no further than the sofa in them!  LOL!  When Muckerette said she'd found this shirt in the back of her wardrobe, I expected a ten year old in a sorry state.  When I saw it, I couldn't believe how good a condition it was in, and a quick google confirmed it was the oldest one I have.  And this just a few days before a trip to Wembley!  Perfect timing!  :-)

Oh... and certainly no offence taken here.  

30 minutes ago, Igorlegend11 said:

Oh for everyone to agree that out support was just the same as villas.....thing is the reality is our support wasn't anywhere near as good as villas at any point once the game started.   And a few fair minded people noticed.

Some noticed and claim our support was the same. 

It's a shame some people can't accept reality and comments upon it 

You are Gary Rowett and I claim my £5

38 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

All ive got to say is Hilda dint put out cause we lost......

That's the joy of booking a hotel the night before.  She gets a short weekend away in the capital, and I don't have to rely on the result, to get a result!

#downtherefordancing

You should check out @punjabirams on Twitter They were having a great time. Ian Holloway and Jim White we’re loving it. They got a Sky reporter to start the bounce, and had time singing with the Punjabi Villains. That’s what it should be about. Two sets of fans having a great time 

First time i could stomach coming on here or reading, watching any of the game! We all handle things in different ways lol! 

As for original post, i havent read all 14 pages so apoligise if im just repeating whats already been said! My take is that it wasnt the best atmosphere inside the ground! However wembley doesnt help, no standing and arsey stewards in the block i was sat! The score line and timing of goals didnt help either! I dont know why there so strict with standing, it kills the atmosphere, well i do know but it needs to be sorted, for those who want to stand! Also many fans who normally sit together are spread out! I think when tickets go on sale everyone just grabs what they can get, seat wise! So theres a mix of people who want to sing and others who want to sit and watch the game! Its fair play, everyone pays there money and are entitled to watch football how they want! Wish it was better organised though, so like minded fans find it easier to sit together! Think that would help the atmosphere but dont think its our fault or the clubs! Think its, the foooking fa, money grabbing, robbing bar stools, bit dont get me started! 

Summary looool, sorry for rant! When u get 38,000 Derby fans together in a stadium, its hard to get it going, due to seating arrangements, strict stewarding and the sheer number! Add to that the way the game went! If we were 4 nil up im sure the atmosphere would have been amazing no matter what, but when its a tough game, all the other factors i mentioned dont help!

Again sorry if im just rehashing what everyones already said lol! Win or lose i was defo on the booze! Up the rams!!!

Also was in covent garden from 10am, amazing atmosphere but turned nasty at the end! Derby fans kicking and throwing cans at each other! Shame! Throwing beer and even empty cans, i dont love it, but i get it, everyones excited! But full and half full can, well, if your throwing them about, you deserve a slap! 

15 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Too often lately I've started a thread or said something and regretted how I've worded things. That's the case here. The sentiment remains about being frustrated at the poor atmosphere but I regret the choice of title now things have settled. 

Think I'm going to have to think about holding back when I post after games. To be fair, there won't be many games that will lead to such emotions as the last few have, but I'm definitely going to bear it in mind next season. And here I was thinking I was quite level-headed!

You was frustrated, I get that, and the result didn’t help. Don’t beat yourself up about it. 

Your Twitter DM’s of David, I’ve made a huge mistake can you remove this always put a smile on my face, never change! ?

1 minute ago, David said:

You was frustrated, I get that, and the result didn’t help. Don’t beat yourself up about it. 

Your Twitter DM’s of David, I’ve made a huge mistake can you remove this always put a smile on my face, never change! ?

Re. The 'knocking one out at hillsborough ' post, I'm glad you ignore him. Comedy gold.

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

It’s gone too far now for it to ever be forgotten. What a huge, literal rooster-up that was.

You could always try a new identity. Start calling yourself Mr.Thompson and only drink gin and tonics?

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

You could always try a new identity. Start calling yourself Mr.Thompson and only drink gin and tonics?

I do like a G&T to be fair, although gin and lemonade is better. It’s a bit out of my price range though so I only have it out of my mum’s cupboard. Unless we’re talking Sainsbury’s Basics gin!

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

It provided five minutes of entertainment for my 16-year old self at the time too!

At least next time someone calls you a Derby banker you know not to take it personally and they've only heard of you reputation

22 hours ago, David said:

I feel like the frustration/anger should be directed towards the government and not fellow fans, I’m not talking about Brexit but safe standing.

Whilst that battle takes place, maybe we as fans should focus our efforts on brainstorming ideas which can be taken to the club where like minded fans that wish to generate a better atmosphere can purchase tickets together, whilst being respectful to those who wish to enjoy football sober and sitting without dropping the F bombs.

I know this topic wasn’t created as a I’m a better fan than you thing, but sadly these conversations do take place fairly often so I can see why it’s been seen as another. 

Focus the conversations on improving the matchday experience for everyone, not this shame on you or you’re not a proper fan rubbish. 

Thank god for this post, the voice of reason. In our own different ways we are all disappointed with the result on Monday but reading some of the posts on here since the defeat it was like a civil war was about to break out. Surely we are all Derby fans whilst at the same time having different demands, needs, preferences and ways of showing it. 

17 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Too often lately I've started a thread or said something and regretted how I've worded things. That's the case here. The sentiment remains about being frustrated at the poor atmosphere but I regret the choice of title now things have settled. 

Think I'm going to have to think about holding back when I post after games. To be fair, there won't be many games that will lead to such emotions as the last few have, but I'm definitely going to bear it in mind next season. And here I was thinking I was quite level-headed!

No worries @BurtonRam7 much respect for this post. I’ve deliberately held back from replying to any posts since Monday (including yours) as I appreciated emotions were raw and things were likely to be being said in the heat of the moment, however I understand why some  felt compelled to come back at you and other like minded posters, it was hard not to myself!!! But ripping into each other would have solved nothing. However a few days on and this post puts everything into context for me, don’t ever lose your passion mate as all clubs need a core of supporters with enthusiasm & passion such as yours, in fact it’s what many clubs survive on. Let’s put this to bed and all move on ...... Monday 27th May what happened on Monday 27th May??? .... oh yeah .... never mind that when does next season start ?

Archived