Barometer

dog

I hope everyone realises that if - BIG IF, we lose, we will have to take the abuse and derision from all of the duckst, Leeds, Middlesborough, and all the other fans you hate us, and have to take it all again next season.

So, enjoy the day in the knowledge we've had a much better season that all the other teams who finished below us and it is our team - the mighty RAMS who are playing at Wembley on Monday.

Expectations may be high, but we'll take the blows and do it our way.

COYR's

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

I hope everyone realises that if - BIG IF, we lose, we will have to take the abuse and derision from all of the duckst, Leeds, Middlesborough, and all the other fans you hate us, and have to take it all again next season.

So, enjoy the day in the knowledge we've had a much better season that all the other teams who finished below us and it is our team - the mighty RAMS who are playing at Wembley on Monday.

Expectations may be high, but we'll take the blows and do it our way.

COYR's

Personally I couldn’t care less about any abuse off anyone if we don’t win. 

There were some poor games this season but there were some magnificent highs, I saw us beat Man U on Penalties?? Gave Chelsea a real problem and cheated out of another penalty shootout by a linesman, Norwich, Leeds being 2-0 down, smashed wba. Now in the final. Easy to forget the highs when the lows are pointed out. 

Its been a great season of championship football, this is why we will look back on the championship with nostalgia when we beat Man City 2-0 next season 

COYR!!!!!

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Not really stressing about it, trying to stay relaxed and telling myself, whatever will be, will be.

which will be all fine and dandy until I wake up Monday morning a nervous wreck ?

Exactly the same as me. I'm trying to convince myself I am relaxed about it but that will go right out the window come Monday.

Like @loweman2 I am totally chilled. Seeing us snooker the Dirties at Elland Rd was like being in a dream state. I suspect Villa will have inwardly decided they’re in the box seat so let it all unfold. I’m going to savour every minute...I’ve seen us lose 3 times at Wembley so another loss will be nothing new...I can handle it - have loved this season so anything beyond a defeat is a cherry on the icing. 

7 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Like @loweman2 I am totally chilled. Seeing us snooker the Dirties at Elland Rd was like being in a dream state. I suspect Villa will have inwardly decided they’re in the box seat so let it all unfold. I’m going to savour every minute...I’ve seen us lose 3 times at Wembley so another loss will be nothing new...I can handle it - have loved this season so anything beyond a defeat is a cherry on the icing. 

Frank Lampard is a class act. I will be gutted if he is not with us next season but understand why this may happen. His feelings for Chelsea mirror ours for DCFC . He and the squad owe us nothing. This may be harsh, but looking back 12 months, Gary Rowett could manage for a hundred years and still struggle to deliver a performance such as we saw at Elland Road. That showed that even if we fall behind you cannot write us off.

I’m nervous already. I can think about making my cheese sandwiches, I can think about picking my dad up in the morning, I can think about which shirt I should where. But I can’t think about the match itself ?

I haven’t ventured into the match day thread yet and I still need to make my prediction. I was fine until our tickets landed, but now I’ve got serious butterflies. 

The tension will really ramp up in this household today. Mr SaffyRam is now an indoctrinated Derby season ticket holder, having lived down here for 40 years, but is originally a Mackem. 

I'm now about an 8.

Nothing to do with Wembley, but I have just this minute put another beer order in to Belgiuminabox.

Archived