Barometer

dog

How you feeling?

If we go on a tensionometer where 1 is wevs and 10 is wtff....

I left work on Friday at a steady 2.3 then reading papers, websites and watching the Leeds match again (and also visually grazed the Franny Lee/ Hunter match) I've now got to around 6.27

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute mess, started the Friday on a 9, not even sure i’ll get to the Sunday , currently sat having aromatherapy trying to bring me around to an acceptable 7. Lampards at the wheel , tell me how good does it feel , gonna have to go rising to an 8 again. ??

I love gardening.

A few days ago, I dismantled a greenhouse, and cut my finger badly (The Memsahid described it as "a scratch") taking the last two pieces apart. I decided to take it out on a gnarled apple tree, slipped while trying to saw it down and totally lacerated my knuckles (The Memsahib described that as "a scratch" too - I could almost see the bone) when I ended up punching the rockery.

Today, I decided to finish the job and grabbed my Bulldog saw. Two minutes later, the tree was horizontal and I felt much better, so I fetched the anvil-loppers. Half an hour later. there wasn't a piece of apple tree left measuring more than 30 cm in length.

Then the Memsahib came out, and for the next hour and a half it was "Cut that down, prune that, get rid of that tree, do this, do that - oh, do you know you have scratched your arm?" Scratch? It was like Madame Guillotine had missed my neck by 50 cm.

I digress. I'm still probably a 3, basically because I've been a bit preoccupied with gluing myself back together and performing self-surgery following a series of near-fatal wounds.

Actually, I've changed my ming. I hate gardening. Except chillies.

4 minutes ago, admira said:

I’ve pretty much convinced myself that we don’t have a hope in hell so not feeling nervous any more. Having low expectations means that anything that goes right is a bonus. 

Same here. This is not relaxed, this is M&S relaxed.

It’s ramping up for me. I’m flipping between the gaping hole in my gut that we all know so well after the QPR game. Never felt so low after a football match. ... Then dreams of commentators waffling on about Derby’s hurt from last time being healed, Franks genius, young Bogles toe poked winner and Keogh arms raised after a career as a solid trooper but now Captain of a premier league football team 

COYR. 

I've been a 8 or 9 most the week but as the game gets closer I get nerves more than owt

Excitement drops to about a 6 before and during the match. 

Basically spent all week so excited to go to an event I'll mostly hate. Just hope at the end I'm a 10 rather than continue the decline

5 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Wife out so decided to watch the full second leg v Leeds again lol

I shall only do that if we lose at Wembley. For therapeutic reasons.

Am so bang up for this ! Not nervous, no tension, no doubts ! I saw enough v West Brom and Leeds to know that we have got the ability, a week away together will have got confidence to a peak, frank will be using his experience of big games to ease the pressure, it’s as good as in the bag, it’s all going to be about Marriott ! It’s his day ! 3-1 Rams !

the most stressful thing will be the drive down the M1

They got grealish, we got mount. They got mings, we got Tomori , they got Abraham we got wag horn etc the more I think about it the more I think were more evenly matched than people are giving us credit for. They bottled it last year it will be on their minds. I’m confident. ?

2 hours ago, dog said:

How you feeling?

If we go on a tensionometer where 1 is wevs and 10 is wtff....

I left work on Friday at a steady 2.3 then reading papers, websites and watching the Leeds match again (and also visually grazed the Franny Lee/ Hunter match) I've now got to around 6.27

wevs? wtff? Speak English, youth.

Archived