Who didn't get a ticket/ticket wanted?

Rev

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

With the reports of so many scammers recently I would personally play it safe. For example, I would trust a long term member of this forum, whereas I would struggle to trust someone who joined up specifically to sell a ticket. You also jumped to the conclusion that he was selling a real ticket and he was a Derby fan. Both may not have been the case. 

As it happens, the resale of tickets (above, below or even at face value) from unauthorised sellers is illegal - not just from ‘touters’. As far as I’m aware, the only legal means of buying tickets is through Club Wembley, DCFC and AVFC. 

Jesus pal, you don't half pick me up on my posts. Most of the time tiny silly little things that you then end up agreeing with me about.

This is another one of those I'm afraid. You're not right in what you say.

I didn't jump to any conclusion at all, I just said maybe we should give him the benefit of doubt as he may be genuine.

Turns out  I was right. Who'd have thought eh?

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

With the reports of so many scammers recently I would personally play it safe. For example, I would trust a long term member of this forum, whereas I would struggle to trust someone who joined up specifically to sell a ticket. You also jumped to the conclusion that he was selling a real ticket and he was a Derby fan. Both may not have been the case. 

As it happens, the resale of tickets (above, below or even at face value) from unauthorised sellers is illegal - not just from ‘touters’. As far as I’m aware, the only legal means of buying tickets is through Club Wembley, DCFC and AVFC. 

I am going to go down to the ticket office on Saturday to transfer the ticket over, as @Mos_Ram will verify. You are welcome to come down with us as well to verify all is above board.

What do you think I am doing, setting up an elaborate fraudulent ticketing scam, involving the printing of one oap ticket? And yes I might not be a Derby fan, I might have researched a bizarre programme anomaly that involved the publication of a well respected left back’s dog’s erect penis in order to fool the locals. Maybe the whole thing is a hoax as, admittedly, I am seemingly the only one who remembers this! An elaborate Machiavellian double bluff. 

And yes, @Boycie, as best as I remember it, lipstick and all. It’s in the loft somewhere - the programme not the dog’s penis- and when I have a spare week I shall find and publish! 

If we lose at Wembley, I am pretty sure this will be something that will console us and be something that we can all look forward to! 

5 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I am going to go down to the ticket office on Saturday to transfer the ticket over, as @Mos_Ram will verify. You are welcome to come down with us as well to verify all is above board.

What do you think I am doing, setting up an elaborate fraudulent ticketing scam, involving the printing of one oap ticket? And yes I might not be a Derby fan, I might have researched a bizarre programme anomaly that involved the publication of a well respected left back’s dog’s erect penis in order to fool the locals. Maybe the whole thing is a hoax as, admittedly, I am seemingly the only one who remembers this! An elaborate Machiavellian double bluff. 

And yes, @Boycie, as best as I remember it, lipstick and all. It’s in the loft somewhere - the programme not the dog’s penis- and when I have a spare week I shall find and publish! 

If we lose at Wembley, I am pretty sure this will be something that will console us and be something that we can all look forward to! 

Personally judging your first few posts, I certainly hope you come back on after you've been arrested and served time for crimes against football of course.

I think your sense of humour will go down very well on those days where all is not rosy.

It's a great thing you've done and are doing. I'm not really sure what @Ghost of Clough's beef is.

12 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Don't worry about it. 

You've come on, sold a ticket for no profit and even arranged to meet up at the weekend and upgrade the ticket, am I right?

People get defensive at this time of year, and question the motives of new members offering tickets, that's all.

Now you're here and a member, why not stick around and join in, you might enjoy it and you obviously have knowledge of the important things?

Historical acknowledgement of erect DCFC dogs penises is always a good place to start, regardless of topic content.

6 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I'd advise caution, if the plan is to go to the ticket office and transfer the ticket over to another fan, even if both do have DCFC Fan ID.

A couple of years ago, I was in there, and witnessed an attempt from one STH trying to transfer a ST over to a relative.  They were both there, with their ID, but weren't allowed.

Fan one was advised not to renew.  Fan 2 was advised to purchase a ST (At full price, not the earlybird).  And then at the appropriate time, fan 2 could attempt to swap to said seat during re-location week!  A straightforward exchange of ownership was a definite no-no.

Now admittedly, this was a season ticket, and there was also the matter of the earlybird renewal deal. which may well have been the main sticking point (I've no idea?).  Maybe your plan is less fraught with confusion, rules and legalities?  I wish you both well, and hope my post is both wrong and pointless!

#justsayin'

Can anyone shed light onto resold tickets being ok or not? Heard rumors they may not be valid but can't see how that works? Someone can't go you sell it right? 

And...

There's really a lot of negative protectiveness from a lot on here. Seems like the frenzy of a playoff final brings out the worst in people. With a scramble for tickets there will be a few disreputable people with bad intentions but there's a lot of 'are you really into Derby?' A lot of overseas fans such as myself, from Matlock but moved away, who read this board but don't post much ( i had another account before) and buy the games on TV having to justify a ticket. I was lucky enough to have someone believe that flying back thousands of miles was good enough to signal I'm a genuine follower. But seems like a lot of others are being regarded with a high degree of suspicion. Benefit of the doubt would be a friendly way...   

7 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I can't believe a character reference is required here, but I can verify that @Steve Buckley’s Dog is genuine, and that I am the other half of this wicked deception. 

I am going to speak to the club tomorrow regarding an upgrade and transfer, if it's a no no, then we've all been honest and above board. I'll thank @Steve Buckley’s Dog for his time and generosity and at worst, I've made another Derby County connection - one day I might be able to return the gesture.

There is good in people, if we take the time to see it (except Patrick Bamford).

3 minutes ago, Mos_Ram said:

I can't believe a character reference is required here, but I can verify that @Steve Buckley’s Dog is genuine, and that I am the other half of this wicked deception. 

I am going to speak to the club tomorrow regarding an upgrade and transfer, if it's a no no, then we've all been honest and above board. I'll thank @Steve Buckley’s Dog for his time and generosity and at worst, I've made another Derby County connection - one day I might be able to return the gesture.

There is good in people, if we take the time to see it (except Patrick Bamford).

He’s a silly boy. 

A friend of mine has got 2 tickets in a corporate box for the Championship Play Off Final, Derby County v Aston Villa ..at Wembley on Monday 27th May.

These tickets are part of a package deal and include coach travel and beer and food.

Unfortunately the final is on the same day as his wedding!

So if you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place.

It’s at Derby Registry Office, at 4pm. The brides name is Rachel - she is 5ft 8” about 9 stone, attractive, has her own job and is a really good cook....

14 minutes ago, David said:

A friend of mine has got 2 tickets in a corporate box for the Championship Play Off Final, Derby County v Aston Villa ..at Wembley on Monday 27th May.

These tickets are part of a package deal and include coach travel and beer and food.

Unfortunately the final is on the same day as his wedding!

So if you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place.

It’s at Derby Registry Office, at 4pm. The brides name is Rachel - she is 5ft 8” about 9 stone, attractive, has her own job and is a really good cook....

I could use 5 of the 7 emoji's and it still wouldn't be good enough for this classic ? 

If this isn't in the top three most liked posts ever by 10.30 AM then there is no justice in the world. I'd like it thrice if I could.

I will have 1 ticket available in block 212. Ticket was purchased yesterday in the extra allocation we got. I was looking at purchasing tickets for me and two family members, however when i got my turn only singles were available, so I bought it. Out of interest i refreshed the ticket page and it looked like they released another block with plenty of seats left, so i managed to get the 3 tickets i wanted. So I have the single seat available.

I am looking for £81 as this is what it cost me including fees etc. I hope to get the tickets tomorrow or Saturday in the post so if anyone is interested let me know and we can arrange something.

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

I could use 5 of the 7 emoji's and it still wouldn't be good enough for this classic ? 

If this isn't in the top three most liked posts ever by 10.30 AM then there is no justice in the world. I'd like it thrice if I could.

Look, he’s let you post your YouTube’s on the forum mate , no need to fill the place full of smoke.

?

Archived