Derby County vs Bolton Wanderers

cannable
Message added by David

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Understood that bud, was really a general point not one aimed at you. That said, we had the lows of the Sunderland and Burton games last season without the highs of the Chelsea and United performances of this year. I know which season I'd rather take. It just surprises me that after a 4-0 win that keeps s right in the play-offs hunt, the forum is dead on its erse.

Actually, that last bit is a lie. It doesn't surprise me at all, which is kind of the point I was making.

What you mean it after each defeat this is @David as his ad revenue rockets?

giphy.gif

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, David said:

I hate reading posts saying they trying to bring a bit of balance, I’m not bothered about balance at all to be honest nor does the forum crave it, I would rather people just voiced their honest opinions and if that falls on the positive or negative side then so be it. Wouldn’t you prefer that, rather than trying to throw negativity out just to balance it out?

Not saying that’s what you’re doing now, just I’ve seen it, even people admit to it and it grinds my gears no end.

I’m just amazed how quick people are to write us off whilst looking on all gooey eyed at the opposition, yes Tuesday was bad but that’s happened, do you not think Bristol City have dropped points?

1 win in their last 5 at home, points dropped against teams at the bottom, just like us. 

v WBA 3-2, v Wigan 2-2, v Ipswich 1-1, v Leeds 0-1, v Birmingham 1-2

None of that will matter, nor will our away form when we turn up at Ashton Gate, all that will matter is the 90 minutes on the day.

False hope, blind optimism, happy clapping, it’s nothing like that at all, realistically we have a chance whether you think we can do it or not, and whilst there’s a chance you can hardly blame people for being positive when in a few weeks it will all be over and left twiddling our thumbs wondering what to do with our Saturdays.

Now give us a smile, you know you want to!

Neither was I tbh until people started getting shot down for using actual substance to back up their opinions. 

Not blaming anyone at all for being positive, if I want people to accept my take it on it I've got to respect others opinions too. I didn't jump down anybodies throat when we were playing poorly yet sat in the play offs, nor did I when everyone thought we'd cruise our 'easy' run in even though I disagreed with both. It's easier said than done, as it is easy to say we're crap and we're finished. We're obviously not, we're somewhere in the middle but we're still in with a shout as you say.

Nothing in the last 4 months has shown me we're capable of going to Birmingham/Bristol and getting a result but at the same time it won't stop me hoping we will. There will be nobody happier if we manage to pull it off. 

Alcohol and a train full of Bolton fans might have influenced my posting on the way home yesterday but looking back there's nothing I don't actually believe. 

The Wimbledon replay game wasn't many ... They were in the South West corner lower tier if I recall...

Ironically about Blackpool this came on my timehop on Facebook .. 14 April 2015 .. 90 fans or so...

Remember it well as they were still in early days of boycotting against Oyston and we all joined in supporting it with them.

FB_IMG_1555280847240.jpg

1 hour ago, sunnyhill60 said:

What would a Martin/Mount combination have delivered over a season?

it's an interesting thought. I'm a huge martin advocate, but can't deny his lack of contribution at multiple clubs the last few years. I was also surprised that mcclaren, a manager that knows his strengths better than any, didn't snap him up at qpr. 

10 hours ago, rynny said:

Brilliant view of the 2nd goal, watch Johnson in the middle of their half. 

He’s very mobile is our Bradley. I half expected someone to come on and give him a tizer and a bag of crisps to keep him busy while he watched ?

1 minute ago, jono said:

He’s very mobile is our Bradley. I half expected someone to come on and give him a tizer and a bag of crisps to keep him busy while he watched ?

I was expecting him to get an arm chair, evening jacket, a glass of brandy and a cigar out. 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

There's loads of vids of him doing this, the lazy git!

Just Google "Very slow BJ", and see what comes up!  

Just when i’d Steered the conversation around to class ... there’s always one. ?

1 hour ago, jono said:

To be fair, his simple through ball up to Waghorn started the move; he was probably just stood back admiring his handiwork as in "Go, my children!"

He started the moves for the first and third goals, too. I thought I'd point that out as everyone reckons he can't pass for toffee!!

1 minute ago, angieram said:

To be fair, his simple through ball up to Waghorn started the move; he was probably just stood back admiring his handiwork as in "Go, my children!"

He started the moves for the first and third goals, too. I thought I'd point that out as everyone reckons he can't pass for toffee!!

I have always rated Bradley, he does have poor games and occasionally looks clumsy, but across a season he brings something and he has strength and b mindedness  that I sometimes I think we lack. 

And as you say, his passing isn’t bad, and he has the capacity to play the unusual ball that wrong foots oppositions rigid set ups. 

Archived