Derby County vs Bolton Wanderers

cannable
Message added by David

Just now, therealhantsram said:

All this focus on Brizzle.  I think we're dismissing Boro too soon.  Have you seen their run-in?

Stoke, Reading, Rotheram and Forest.  I can see them winning all four of those.

You’re right, but both us and Bristol City have a game over Boro, they struggle for goals, when I say struggle Rotherham have scored more and they are in the bottom 3!

Think this will cost them in the end, but they do have a chance.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stroker Ace said:

I’d written us off but now it still in our own hands. We win our next 5 and we are in the playoffs. It doesn’t matter what any one else does.

Let’s try & win 2 in a row for the first time since early December before we start getting giddy about winning 5

10 hours ago, jono said:

so for me it’s either

0-1 as the bouncer splits his too tight jacket, pushes you away and says go home to your Mum and get some new shoes. 

or 4-0 Derby as you get in through the side door, the bar owner spots you, thinks you’re enterprising lads and gives you a free beer

Sod it, I forgot to do my mozza prediction ?

2 hours ago, Orphanram said:

If we go back to the start of the season we would have taken where we are now based on high number of fans saying this would be a season of transition. If you look at the teams above us they have either spent more money than us (West Brom, Villa), have managers who have been through their own transition of bringing their own identity to their teams  (Norwich & Bristol City)  and managers who have promotion nous with teams with decent squads(Middlesbrough and Sheffield United). If we could take a step back and think we have a rookie manager that has a had to cut its cloth to adhere to financial regulations, blooding academy youngsters and trying (but not always succeeding) to play decent football following a majority of supporters criticising the playing style from the prior seasons  then we should at least acknowledge that this  has been a decent season so far. I get the frustration with team selections, formations and tactics  at times but we haven’t got the luxury of having the best squad in the championship and if a few poor results occur in the short term to build a longer term plan for the club we should  at least try to be supportive of that. The communications coming out of recent forums tell us we are not going to be splashing cash around like some other teams will and in my mind that means we have to take the  Norwich and Bristol City approach and build a longer term philosophy. There are echos of this happening in the past (BC’s first and second season) and it working. On my part I’m going to look forward to the next five games and if we don’t get in the play offs but build some momentum that will be alright with me.

Realistic way of looking at it. ???

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Also, ratings for me:

Roos 6- Bit flappy and almost cost us with a bizzare bit of distribution second half, but there when needed

Bogle 8- Looking less raw and more accomplished by the game, really coming to his own and coming to the fore as a consistent top right back in this division. Another controlled performance, and remains one of our main outlets.

Keogh 8- Dealt with the physicality of Donaldson surprisingly well as he sometimes struggles, distributed well.

Tomori 7- Normal quality distribution but untested at the back

Cole 7- Saw a lot of praise for him today that I’m not sure I was watching the same game for, he was solid and assured but didn’t do anything of huge note to me bar the assist for mount. Still looked a little flat footed too- I don’t know maybe I’m too harsh, as I say he was composed and solid which is all I expect tbf, hence the 7 from me.

Johnson 8- Bar the stupid booking was a generally very good game by Johnson, won the ball and started attacks, passing generally solid and was in the right place when needed. Not pretty but what was needed.

Mount 10 MOM-Hattrick, controlled everything and dictated the game, need I say more?

Bryson 7- Scored with arguably his hardest chance, buzzed around but still didn’t really Stamp as much authority on the game as I like from a midfield, just sort of went with the flow. No huge issues or anything, did his job and was solid but nothing more.

Wilson 5- Not his day, touch was sammonesque. Tried but nothing went his way, only real player below par for me.

Waghorn 9- Perfect number 9 performance. Held up everything and most chances came about from his layoffs. Only thing missing was a goal. A world better than he was Tuesday.

Lawrence 7- Struggled a bit like Wilson first half, came into it more second. Worked hard to create chances but quality in final third needs to be more consistently good.

All in all a much better performance, much quicker and much more energy to avoid any banana skin. Need it back this up now, no use putting in the odd performance then turning up the next game complacent. I want to see energy and desire from the minute go in all our remaining matches, and hopefully we’ll bring our away form up to scratch.

Anyone else see DETs player ratings? 7 for every player except Mount, just plain lazy!

11 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

Anyone else see DETs player ratings? 7 for every player except Mount, just plain lazy!

Read them in previous games, not worth it as they very rarely stray away from saying everyone was average. Lazy like you say, only goalscorers get ratings boosts. Then again very little decent journalism comes out the DET these days so we shouldn’t exactly be surprised.

4 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Let’s be honest, Bryson was poo up until that goal. I like the guy and appreciate what he’s done over his time here but he was crap. 

Decent goal, although if that was Roos or Carson letting that in let’s not pretend we’d be hammering them. He’s an easy release this year, he’s done. 

Wrong! Yet again Bryson made a number of forward runs only for the player in possession to stop and play either a square ball into midfield or a backward pass to a defender. You could see the frustration time after time - he makes the run but doesn't get the pass he needs. What Bryson isn't is a DM but this has been his starting role more often than not - if Waghorn plays the hold-up striker as he did today and Bryson plays in a position similar to what he played when Martin was still a regular for us then he can still do it at this level.

Some of the pre-match comments about him when the starting X1was announced were pathetic.

Four blokes beside me today, arrived five minutes late, sat and moaned incessantly for twenty minutes about Steve McClaren and Gary Rowett. Then slagged off Bogle and Morris before complaining about the length of Chris Martin's contact. Didn't watch one minute of the match. Left before the first goal, never returned. Befuddling...

13 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Four blokes beside me today, arrived five minutes late, sat and moaned incessantly for twenty minutes about Steve McClaren and Gary Rowett. Then slagged off Bogle and Morris before complaining about the length of Chris Martin's contact. Didn't watch one minute of the match. Left before the first goal, never returned. Befuddling...

Was it Clement and Pearson with their agents  ? ?

14 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Very disappointed to read this because i thought it was a joke got to the end and no punchline so disappointing?

Overall, some pleasing football. I still think Bryson is making runs into positions that are hard to actually pass into when a team is packed behind the ball. He’s not making dangerously time’s third man runs. 

Someone in the East Stand Lower obviously shouted something at Tom Lawerence. He hardly celebrated setting up Mount’s second. Just stared at the place where he must have heard the comment.  He doesn’t look happy and doesn’t have any connection with the fans (understandable) 

10 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Someone in the East Stand Lower obviously shouted something at Tom Lawerence. He hardly celebrated setting up Mount’s second. Just stared at the place where he must have heard the comment.  He doesn’t look happy and doesn’t have any connection with the fans (understandable) 

Thought it was because he took a slight kick when he put the ball in. At one point when the ball was put out for an injury, he took the ball over to that stand and it looked to me (from North Stand) like he was chucking the ball back and forth with a kid in the front row whilst the player got treatment. Thought that was a nice moment if that's what he was doing. He's also got a smiley on his Twitter post for the day, so if there was anything said then I doubt it has upset him too much.  

Very quiet thread!

Perhaps folk are reflecting on some of the more derisive stuff posted after the Blackburn game? Or maybe they are just basking in the aftermath of a really good team performance today. Doubtless they'll be back online tomorrow to give credit where it's due. Yep, I'm sure that's what it is. After all, we've lost one in our last 7, scored 13 goals in our last 4 games and sit only 2 points off the play-offs, so it's not exactly a crisis, is it?

COYR

3 hours ago, 86 points said:

Very quiet thread!

Perhaps folk are reflecting on some of the more derisive stuff posted after the Blackburn game? Or maybe they are just basking in the aftermath of a really good team performance today. Doubtless they'll be back online tomorrow to give credit where it's due. Yep, I'm sure that's what it is. After all, we've lost one in our last 7, scored 13 goals in our last 4 games and sit only 2 points off the play-offs, so it's not exactly a crisis, is it?

COYR

Sadly, Bolton are in such disarray they're hardly a scalp and I think there's a level of frustration that once again we have shown that we can put really decent performances in on a hit and miss basis.

The inability of the team to build consistent positive momentum has transferred itself to the fans.

Nervous now for Friday.....?

I want a play off spot , and like some of us my hopes rise when win in the manner we did but don’t want to get them too high as the last few seasons have been hard to take in terms of dashed hopes but there’s a difference for me this time and that’s the feeling we are on the right track again longer term, if we can keep frank and give him time to build the ethos he so clearly wants at the club then we are on the up and with the fans chanting for Morris to show that lots appreciate what he’s trying to do we have a chance of getting there

Archived