Lampard on Expiring Contracts

Day

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearing that has really increased my respect for Frank. He's a huge name in football and would arguably be justified in demanding the budget that his predecessors had access to. However, he accepts the current situation, seems to be maintaining a strong relationship with Mel and is prepared to use the academy both out of necessity and because he enjoys working with young players. 

He really is doing a decent job, both in relation to our current league position (which is good, albeit not spectacular) and our long-term prospects. In terms of the latter, he's hugely increased the value of the likes of Bogle, Holmes, etc, and I expect the values of the academy players coming through to see a similar pattern (as well as Marriott, who I reckon will return to form next season and at least double his value).

I fully expect him to jump ship if he gets a better job offer, but I would have no problem with it as he would leave the club in a better long-term position than he found it in. I'm really impressed.

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Hearing that has really increased my respect for Frank. He's a huge name in football and would arguably be justified in demanding the budget that his predecessors had access to. However, he accepts the current situation, seems to be maintaining a strong relationship with Mel and is prepared to use the academy both out of necessity and because he enjoys working with young players. 

He really is doing a decent job, both in relation to our current league position (which is good, albeit not spectacular) and our long-term prospects. In terms of the latter, he's hugely increased the value of the likes of Bogle, Holmes, etc, and I expect the values of the academy players coming through to see a similar pattern (as well as Marriott, who I reckon will return to form next season and at least double his value).

I fully expect him to jump ship if he gets a better job offer, but I would have no problem with it as he would leave the club in a better long-term position than he found it in. I'm really impressed.

Well said Burton.

I listened to Frank and like you, was impressed and also by the "well, we've had quite a long talk there, but my main focus is on working with the team day to day". Also puts his hands up to say that the squad selection is his, based on the way he wants to play so some of the wastage this season is down to Franks squad choices.

Still a much more impressive person to listen to than Snakey's bluster, Pearson's mad ramblings, Wassalls hearty bonhomie, Clements clueless "need to do better"s and Mac's smirking.....?

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Well said Burton.

I listened to Frank and like you, was impressed and also by the "well, we've had quite a long talk there, but my main focus is on working with the team day to day". Also puts his hands up to say that the squad selection is his, based on the way he wants to play so some of the wastage this season is down to Franks squad choices.

Still a much more impressive person to listen to than Snakey's bluster, Pearson's mad ramblings, Wassalls hearty bonhomie, Clements clueless "need to do better"s and Mac's smirking.....?

I hated macs smirking 

hated it 

2 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I may be wrong but I expect Frank to be with us for at least one more season. He doesn't need the money, he does need the experience.

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Well said Burton.

Macca gone again, now from QPR. What next for Stevie? What would have happened if the Newcastle debacle had not taken place? Who knows?

3 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

That would take number seasons, as it turned out with Nigel Clough. So I would be disappointed if FL left in the near future.  

7 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Perhaps that's his extra 'synergy'. 

Frank had to do a simual job to nigel clough had to do to get big earners out of the club and deal were he can but no harm at looking at over sea players you can find bargins and gem players as well.

But frank doing a good job with limited means if the club is sold it might be open up new funds frank to play with we know he will spend money wisely.

Archived