Bolton

Day

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, David said:

Probably should have told Doncaster first

Think they should have spoken to the League before making the announcement - I have vague memories of a points deduction in the past when clubs have effectively refused to play fixtures...

Feel like it’s the leagues decision to postpone a game, or certainly some relevant linked authority. Not quite sure how Bolton think they can just make the decision and announce it to the world without having first had it agreed by the organisation that runs the competition...

Properly all over the show behind the scenes and they’re threatening the integrity of football with moves like this. Can understand they’re in a horrible position and I feel for the fans and those involved with the club- but you can’t go pulling stunts like this unpunished. Can’t go down as a postponement, has to go down as a no show by a team and the points awarded to the opposition.

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Feel like it’s the leagues decision to postpone a game, or certainly some relevant linked authority. Not quite sure how Bolton think they can just make the decision and announce it to the world without having first had it agreed by the organisation that runs the competition...

Properly all over the show behind the scenes and they’re threatening the integrity of football with moves like this. Can understand they’re in a horrible position and I feel for the fans and those involved with the club- but you can’t go pulling stunts like this unpunished. Can’t go down as a postponement, has to go down as a no show by a team and the points awarded to the opposition.

Agree with your post apart from the highlighted bit...there is none.

I believe that the EFL's main gripe here is that the first they heard of it (and the first Doncaster heard of it) was on Bolton's social media. Have complete sympathy with Bolton's situation but that can not be right - the EFL and DRFC have to be consulted about matters such as this.

Consequently, I'd expect the game (quite rightly) to be awarded to Doncaster. And by the sounds of it, it looks like Bolton will receive another 3 point deduction.

I know I've mentioned this before, but as it stands, Bolton have had no repercussions for failing to fulfill their fixture vs Brentford last season. Usually failure to fulfill a game results in a 3 point deduction and, nothing. I don't want to see Bolton punished but the rules is the rules.

What is more alarming, however, is that this sets a precedent. The EFL schedule is punishing and gruelling, especially over winter. Games come thick and fast, often 3 within a week. Understandably, Bolton feel that 16/17/18 year olds simply can't handle the physical rigours of 3 games in a week and so have postponed this fixture. But the danger is that, we are only 10 days until the close of the loan/free transfer window and Bolton's takeover seems to be taking forever to complete. If they can't get it over the line soon then they won't sign anybody and will be relying on those young players to fulfill fixture commitments. If they don't sign anybody sharpish, then what's to say that they won't have to make further postponements?

No surprise to see Parkinson and his staff jump ship. It’s utter chaos there at the moment and you wouldn’t want to be dealing with that mess. Poor there’s been no statement from Bolton as well, having to find out something like this has happens through the media reflects poorly on the club. They’ve lost any semblance of professionalism and it needs sorting out and soon, if only for the fans sake.

58 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Its the fans of Bolton and Bury that i feel sorry for , shocking way to run a football club , no consideration for staff , players or fans , hope clubs looking on at this mess keep their house in order or we could be losing more than these two clubs

I now it is wrong but I remember one particular Bolton fan who reveled in our failures in the prem.  What a wum he was and although he was a lone voice it has left a bitter memory and I hope he is spinning into despair.  Feel sorry for the rest though

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

So what to the FL do if two clubs in the same division fold? Will they just relegate less teams?

It's complex. 

At some point in the structure of the tiers, the void needs to be filled.

Yes, they'll probably relegate two less teams and promote the normal amount into it to re-fill it.

But then the league below has less numbers; so every lower league will need to see extra promotions.

At some point though some league(s) just going to have less teams. I don't know how far down they go before they're happy for a league to just have less teams in it.

On 22/08/2019 at 00:48, Millenniumram said:

No surprise to see Parkinson and his staff jump ship. It’s utter chaos there at the moment and you wouldn’t want to be dealing with that mess. Poor there’s been no statement from Bolton as well, having to find out something like this has happens through the media reflects poorly on the club. They’ve lost any semblance of professionalism and it needs sorting out and soon, if only for the fans sake.

Probably can’t afford the web developer to do an article - and I’m not joking. ?

On 20/08/2019 at 10:02, TibshelfRam said:

If they can't get it over the line soon then they won't sign anybody and will be relying on those young players to fulfill fixture commitments. If they don't sign anybody sharpish, then what's to say that they won't have to make further postponements?

Hopefully they'll get Cardiiff in the cup, and there's a light snow flurry 2 or 3 hours before kickoff.

Archived