Bolton

David

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Cue posts on Leeds, Bristol and Forest forums saying we’re about to do the same!

If anyone tries to wind us up, Mel will just ask the court to give us until the end of this month, and we'll have a hundred mill* to play with!  :-)

*I've lost track of how many million it is.  All I know is it's silly money.. and it will soon be ours!  Mwaahaahaahaa!  

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

If anyone tries to wind us up, Mel will just ask the court to give us until the end of this month, and we'll have a hundred mill* to play with!  ?

*I've lost track of how many million it is.  All I know is it's silly money.. and it will soon be ours!  Mwaahaahaahaa!  

spacer.png

Bizarre to me that the next regime is the one that gets punished with the points deduction. Surely they should have gone into admin when they were confirmed relegated so the deduction went to this season. All the nonsense definitely suggested admin was where this was headed.

9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Bizarre to me that the next regime is the one that gets punished with the points deduction. Surely they should have gone into admin when they were confirmed relegated so the deduction went to this season. All the nonsense definitely suggested admin was where this was headed.

No real punishment you could hand to the current owners, deduct points this season? Waste of paperwork. Fine them? Won’t even pay their tax bill. 

What I would do though is issue a permanent ban of being involved with any football club again. Unlikely going to lose any sleep over it, but keeps them out the game.

Not sure what a points deduction is supposed to achieve, as you say the new owners, players and fans don’t deserve to be punished, bit of a weird one really. Fair to say the outgoing owners wouldn’t really give a toss if they start the season on minus 12 points.

Sith Happens
50 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I think even if you do you still get it docked the next season if the outcome has already been determined, sure that happened to Leeds.

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Did Leeds not try to pull a fast on to get the deduction on the season they went down, the authorities deduced them from the next season anyway (and they moaned and moaned about it)

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Did Leeds not try to pull a fast on to get the deduction on the season they went down, the authorities deduced them from the next season anyway (and they moaned and moaned about it)

Leeds moaning about a decision that went against them? Never!

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Against us last game of the season, once they knew at half time they were gone put themselves into administration hoping to have the penalty applied in that season, rather than carried forward.

51 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Against us last game of the season, once they knew at half time they were gone put themselves into administration hoping to have the penalty applied in that season, rather than carried forward.

They are quite stupid really aren’t they. EFL was never going to allow that. 

Hope Bolton can find a way through.

I had a bladdered half baked idea that clubs should be under the financial control of a named person who is responsible for their debt. Too many clubs have blown millions nobody involved has actually got, and I don't think it'd happen if the owner was on the hook. It's the fans that get stiffed when it goes mammaries skyward. In theory, I'd be behind any move to bring clubs into some kind of social ownership...except I joined RamsTrust for a few months, and having seen it from the inside I'd sooner take my chances with SISU.

The game's in a brilliant state in the UK, but any individual club is a bad season away from vulnerable.

6 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Doesn't work like that, I'm afraid. If you try to avoid a sanction in that way, the league will still defer it to the following season and in all likelihood double it.

5 hours ago, eddie said:

Doesn't work like that, I'm afraid. If you try to avoid a sanction in that way, the league will still defer it to the following season and in all likelihood double it.

Unless you're Birmingham, then they'll just roll over and let you spend 2.5m on a full back while you're officially banned from signing players.

The EFL has no balls. They'll punish who and what they see fit to punish, when and how they see fit.

I feel like Bolton are this "once every 5 years or so" show of strength from the governing body. Being brutal about it there are probably another four or five clubs that could/should be in the same boat.

Go back to running clubs by committee, there were sharks and shysters involved back then as well but at least the spending seemed to be at least loosely linked to reality.

We're a season or 3 from lower league football being unsustainable unless there is a change of mentality and a shift in wealth distribution. Agents and the bosmann ruling have a hell of a lot to answer for as well.

Sith Happens

There has to be some consequence for this, and you can't possibly say that its not fair on any new owners. The new owners could have come in and purchased the club before it happened and put a stop to it.

If a rule is introduced to say if the club changes hands then any punishment is removed, then clubs will do it more often, throw themselves into administration, get a clean slate then let the new owners come in.

Also - for those mentioning fans, they in my view are the least concern in all of it, afterall the spend a few hundred a year on a season ticket but win or lose it doesnt really matter that much in the grand scheme of things, Bolton losing or getting relegated isnt critical and wont be the difference between paying a mortgage or putting food on the table.

A club going into administration affects local businesses, when they end up getting 10p in the pound for the services provided, then it makes a difference to mortgage payments etc. When Leicester did it the business the built the stadium lost millions.

Fair enough if a new owner comes in and offers to recompense fully all those financially affected then yes remove the points deduction.

If the current owner racks up millions of pounds worth of debt which could never be repaid by a new owner, but they could take the club on and prevent from folding, which also keeps jobs in the community, should they be punished? 

I know what you’re saying, but some clubs are so deep in it, nobody is going to come in and say I’ll clear the external debts. Not when football clubs rarely even make a profit.

Archived