Bolton

David

A food bank has been set up by the club at the hotel at Bolton’s stadium for the staff:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48268140

Apparently Preston North End have donated £2,000 worth of shopping vouchers also:

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/pne-news/preston-north-end-believed-to-have-helped-out-unpaid-staff-at-bolton-wanderers-by-donating-2-000-worth-of-shopping-vouchers-1-9768134

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

A food bank has been set up by the club at the hotel at Bolton’s stadium for the staff:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48268140

Apparently Preston North End have donated £2,000 worth of shopping vouchers also:

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/pne-news/preston-north-end-believed-to-have-helped-out-unpaid-staff-at-bolton-wanderers-by-donating-2-000-worth-of-shopping-vouchers-1-9768134

Brilliant gesture by PNE, hopefully some of the Prem clubs in the area can so the same. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ownership issues still not resolved, season only a few weeks away now with no season tickets on sale, no new kit, 7 players on the books back in pre season training wearing last seasons training kit. This is their full squad...

CE18A8CF-37EA-4F8D-B30D-BAD4F1D3EBA5.jpeg

11 hours ago, David said:

Ownership issues still not resolved, season only a few weeks away now with no season tickets on sale, no new kit, 7 players on the books back in pre season training wearing last seasons training kit. This is their full squad...

CE18A8CF-37EA-4F8D-B30D-BAD4F1D3EBA5.jpeg

Wow, that really is a shocking state of affairs. 

Imagine being one of those 7 players, you'd be gutted, it must be nearly impossible to put in 100%

I'm harsh in being one of not so many who thinks the club itself deserves to go through this because of the way they flouted the rules but then I realise the owner responsible for it has buggered off and it's the others who are left to face the consequences.

If they pull things together in time to get off to any kind of decent start in League One it will be some achievement.

4 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Didn't Hull have some similar issues when they went up in 2016, lost Brucey and started the pre-season with about 6 first team players and Mike Phelan as manager?????

And STILL beat our points record.?

I really thought that was the year it would be broken. It would take an incredible set of circumstances to ever fear our record. 

5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Didn't Hull have some similar issues when they went up in 2016, lost Brucey and started the pre-season with about 6 first team players and Mike Phelan as manager?????

And STILL beat our points record.?

If they beat it, they'd be the new record holders!  I say they failed to beat it!   LOL!

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Wonder who will fill the other 3 relegation spots.

Bury, Wimbledon and Wycombe with maybe Rochdale and and Bristol Rovers to push them close.

I don't know why but I think if |Bolton do make it to the starting line, they'll finish outside the bottom four.

13 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Wonder who will fill the other 3 relegation spots.

I know it sounds daft given everything that's going on there, but I reckon they'll stay up. Based on little other than instinct.

On a separate note - I notice that they're starting the new season with -12 points, obviously. But, shouldn't it be even fewer points than that?

-12 is the mandatory deduction for going into administration, hence why it is applicable. But, EFL rules stipulate harsh penalties for failure to fulfill a fixture (it is one of the worst offences a club can commit in the eyes of the EFL). Obviously, Bolton never fulfilled their game with Brentford.

At the time it was being reported fairly widely that the EFL would impose an 8 point penalty of the new season. Which would, therefore, see Bolton start with -20 - but they're not.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see a massive club like Bolton in the fourth tier. And I don't want to impose more penalties upon them or, more importantly, their fans. But, the rules are the rules.

Have the EFL decided not to impose a points deduction because they're already deducting for administration? If so, that doesn't seem fair to me. It smacks of double standards because, now, if any other club fails to fulfill a fixture, the EFL will look like hypocrites if they impose a points deduction. The two issues are separate and punishment should reflect that.

As I say, no vendetta against Bolton at all and I recognise what I'm saying could seem harsh. But I'm just a little confused.

Archived