Bolton

Day

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Can the players who are still there leave if they want to? If the club isn't fulfilling their side of the contract I would hope they wouldn't be tied into contracts they can't get out of.

You would have thought with some of the issues stated in the players press release, the club are in clear breach of contract.

My instinctive reaction, is that the players are holding off doing so, in the hope that new owners will fulfil in full, all outstanding contractual obligations.

13 hours ago, GenBr said:

Can the players who are still there leave if they want to? If the club isn't fulfilling their side of the contract I would hope they wouldn't be tied into contracts they can't get out of.

I feel worse for the non playing staff.  Must be soul destroying...

So there are going to be two clubs in League 1 next season starting on negative 12 points at the moment - pretty much only 2 relegation spots to be filled now. What happens if Bolton and bury both go bust before then? Do they just play the season with 22 teams?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Christ must be awful for their fans seeing that, may as well not even bother 

At least it looks like someone will be buying the club. Bury on the other hand have so far had their first two games of the season cancelled by the EFL and have a 12 point deduction - it doesnt look particularly good for them.

22 minutes ago, GenBr said:

At least it looks like someone will be buying the club. Bury on the other hand have so far had their first two games of the season cancelled by the EFL and have a 12 point deduction - it doesnt look particularly good for them.

Yeah I guess it’s slightly more short term for Bolton fans... Bury must be thinking their club is about done. Awful

Got to feel for the fans of Bury and Bolton. They wont be the last. 

In an ideal world, Id love EFL clubs to live within their means and not feel obliged to pay big transfer fees and silly wages to players because 'everyone else' is doing it. Us fans are just as much to blame. We all want signings!!!!

If the clubs were to collectively take a stand on wages, what could the players do? Sit on PL benches? Move abroad? Let them, PL clubs would soon get fed up of that. 

Ach, its a pointless discussion, we are too far down the line for anything to change. Unfortunately some clubs will fall by the wayside.

8 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Got to feel for the fans of Bury and Bolton. They wont be the last. 

In an ideal world, Id love EFL clubs to live within their means and not feel obliged to pay big transfer fees and silly wages to players because 'everyone else' is doing it. Us fans are just as much to blame. We all want signings!!!!

If the clubs were to collectively take a stand on wages, what could the players do? Sit on PL benches? Move abroad? Let them, PL clubs would soon get fed up of that. 

Ach, its a pointless discussion, we are too far down the line for anything to change. Unfortunately some clubs will fall by the wayside.

Clubs like Bury could just hire people from non league teams and pay lower wages. It doesn't necessarily mean they have to give up on staying in the league or promotion with players like Jamie Vardy once having played non league football. Peterborough seem to have a pretty good model going with all the extra money making clauses they have in the contracts of all the players they sell.

Personally for me the plight of clubs like Bury and Bolton is down entirely to bad owners who make terrible decisions without any care for the future of the club.

Boltons youth (the average age of their side was 19) managed to hold out against Coventry and secure a 0-0 draw. Well ducking played.

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Boltons youth (the average age of their side was 19) managed to hold out against Coventry and secure a 0-0 draw. Well ducking played.

Heard the young Bolton goalie played a blinder but Coventry had three goals disallowed. Might be worth watching the next hour on Quest to see what happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived