Bolton

David

15 hours ago, Paul71 said:

See they have signed quite a few today, pleased they have been saved but don't understand why they didn't receive a further points deduction for failing to play Doncaster. Surely sets a precedent that if you don't want to bother then just call it off.

I think the punishment for that is pending...

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a lot of credit goes to Bolton for the way they have fought for survival and gradually built up a team from the ashes of all their financial woes.

The recent decision by the independent disciplinary panel to suspend any further points deductions to allow them to carry on building seemed fair to me. They are still very strong favourites for relegation and have many more struggles ahead.

The fact that the mighty EFL are now appealing the decision made by the panel they set up seems churlish at best and downright spiteful at worst. Surely this is just going to cost the club more money than they can currently afford and serves no useful purpose in my opinion other than to satisfy the egos of the "we are always right" brigade at the EFL.

8 hours ago, angieram said:

I think a lot of credit goes to Bolton for the way they have fought for survival and gradually built up a team from the ashes of all their financial woes.

The recent decision by the independent disciplinary panel to suspend any further points deductions to allow them to carry on building seemed fair to me. They are still very strong favourites for relegation and have many more struggles ahead.

The fact that the mighty EFL are now appealing the decision made by the panel they set up seems churlish at best and downright spiteful at worst. Surely this is just going to cost the club more money than they can currently afford and serves no useful purpose in my opinion other than to satisfy the egos of the "we are always right" brigade at the EFL.

I get what you are saying but by failing to fulfil fixtures and not being punished does it not create a precedent? 

Any club can now randomly cancel fixtures with no punishment.

33 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I get what you are saying but by failing to fulfil fixtures and not being punished does it not create a precedent? 

Any club can now randomly cancel fixtures with no punishment.

In isolation, yes, but in this case Bolton were on the brink, were already being punished and were working hard to put things right. 

I just think the suspended punishment in this case was fair given the circumstances. 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

In isolation, yes, but in this case Bolton were on the brink, were already being punished and were working hard to put things right. 

I just think the suspended punishment in this case was fair given the circumstances. 

I get that. But last season the game they did not play was awarded as a 1-0 loss.

Lets say hypothetically that the team that won 1-0 needed to won 2 or 3 nil to avoid relegation or get promoted.

Punishments have to be consistent.

What if luton can avoid relegation with a 1 nil loss on the last day of the season? 

They simply don't play and they cannot be punished more than Bolton were because s precedent has been set 

What if a 2 nil win gets us in the play-offs but wr fail because x team says they can't field a team

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

I get that. But last season the game they did not play was awarded as a 1-0 loss.

Lets say hypothetically that the team that won 1-0 needed to won 2 or 3 nil to avoid relegation or get promoted.

Punishments have to be consistent.

What if luton can avoid relegation with a 1 nil loss on the last day of the season? 

They simply don't play and they cannot be punished more than Bolton were because s precedent has been set 

What if a 2 nil win gets us in the play-offs but wr fail because x team says they can't field a team

That was right at end of season with no chance to rearrange and when the fixture had a critical effect on relegation/promotion. This was early season when it was possible to rearrange and produce a result.

I just think it should be possible to exercise some discretion in different circumstances. 

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

That was right at end of season with no chance to rearrange and when the fixture had a critical effect on relegation/promotion. This was early season when it was possible to rearrange and produce a result.

I just think it should be possible to exercise some discretion in different circumstances. 

We will have to disagree. Middlesbrough were docked 3 points for failing to fulfil a fixture,  the punishment should be the same for all teams imo.

Archived