Why Derby won't make the top six this season

In our latest pod we asked - yes or no - whether Derby would make the top six. Richard said no, I said yes. Have a listen to hear why he doesn't think we'll make it. There's also:

- Brighton and Ipswich: Have we been found out/become too predictable?
- PPS atmosphere: Club 84 joined us on the phone to tell us about the proposed South Stand 'singing section'.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Why Derby will make the top six this season. 

Listen to my version when I learn how to put a pod together 

In the meantime, no ducker knows how the season will pan out so don’t start with the negativity crap. 

Actually read the post and listen to the podcast  - one of us believes we won't make the top six, one of us does. 

I know it's impossible to say how things will pan out - but we're 7th, there's 15 games to go and it's very tight, so it's a perfectly reasonable question to ask.

It's not 'negativity crap' - it's a simple discussion based on our honest opinions on where we think we are now.

4 hours ago, Steve Bloomer's Washing said:

In our latest pod we asked - yes or no - whether Derby would make the top six. Richard said no, I said yes. Have a listen to hear why he doesn't think we'll make it. There's also:

- Brighton and Ipswich: Have we been found out/become too predictable?
- PPS atmosphere: Club 84 joined us on the phone to tell us about the proposed South Stand 'singing section'.

Cheers lads - good show.

Reassuring that others are thinking the same. Both the positives and some reservations.

If it's a 50/50 split, why is it titled 'Why Derby won't make the top 6 this season'? I think you'll get more views if it had a different title.

it is quite a negative title for something that's quite likely and your discussing if it will or won't happen?

Will give a listen later!

4 hours ago, Steve Bloomer's Washing said:

Actually read the post and listen to the podcast  - one of us believes we won't make the top six, one of us does. 

I know it's impossible to say how things will pan out - but we're 7th, there's 15 games to go and it's very tight, so it's a perfectly reasonable question to ask.

It's not 'negativity crap' - it's a simple discussion based on our honest opinions on where we think we are now.

So why does the thread title express a single point of view  if it's not  attention seeking guano ?

1 hour ago, JoeDerby said:

If it's a 50/50 split, why is it titled 'Why Derby won't make the top 6 this season'? I think you'll get more views if it had a different title.

it is quite a negative title for something that's quite likely and your discussing if it will or won't happen?

Will give a listen later!

Exactly this. 

5 hours ago, Steve Bloomer's Washing said:

Tell me why you’ve titled it negatively then and not put a positive spin on it or gone in the middle? 

Your not the telegraph. 

We will finish 6th, 7th or 8th. Other teams are more determined to get three points than we seem to be. No settled team does not help. Other teams have a settled first choice team and a settled style. We seem unsure what to do and give teams too much respect. I will be happy to be knocked out in the play offs but not at Wembley. Too many teams are better than us but with Mount, Marriott, Cole and King in we have a chance on paper. Teams do not fear us. 

15 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Exactly this. 

Because the point of these posts is to get people to listen to the podcast. If that means I highlight only one person's argument from a balanced discussion, I personally don't see the problem with that.

Yes it's a slightly cynical way of promoting it, but I don't think it's misleading.

Anyway, I take your point and I'll keep that in mind when plugging the pod in future.

48 minutes ago, maxjam said:

The most disappointing aspect of that is the solitary single measly 1 point twixt us and the gumptards.  A gap of such small proportions, they'd only have to mind not trapping their webbed feet in it!   

43 minutes ago, Steve Bloomer's Washing said:

Because the point of these posts is to get people to listen to the podcast. If that means I highlight only one person's argument from a balanced discussion, I personally don't see the problem with that.

Yes it's a slightly cynical way of promoting it, but I don't think it's misleading.

Anyway, I take your point and I'll keep that in mind when plugging the pod in future.

It's slightly catchier than calling it:

"Maybe Derby will make the top six, maybe they won't, nobody really knows but let's talk about it".

Stick with it.

Archived