Why Derby won't make the top six this season

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Steve Bloomer's Washing said:

Actually read the post and listen to the podcast  - one of us believes we won't make the top six, one of us does. 

I know it's impossible to say how things will pan out - but we're 7th, there's 15 games to go and it's very tight, so it's a perfectly reasonable question to ask.

It's not 'negativity crap' - it's a simple discussion based on our honest opinions on where we think we are now.

Well said. Perhaps @David could set out a framework of what constitutes honest debate and opinion; too often some people seem to be unclear as to what is good honest discussion and “negativity”; there’s nothing wrong with holding a view even if it is contrary to what might be deemed a positive outcome for the Club. 

I don’t think we are equipped to finish in the top 6. I hope I’m proved wrong; I don’t think we have had the right blend in Midfield and we haven’t really got a settled side or a real identity. I think we have got by on individual flair and pure graft; sadly that’s not enough. I’m looking forward to seeing the new generation next season and I hope FL et al are the management team who are going to shape the team of the 20’s. 

We are though in transition and we haven’t enough depth or quality to get us up this year. Not negativity just my honest view. Won’t stop me turning up to support for the rest of the season or renewing our season tickets. 

35 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Everyone kicking off without listening to the measured and balanced opinion of “Will we/won’t we” in the actual podcast. 

That’s the way the world seems to work at the minute, particularly on the internet. “You said something I don’t agree with, I’m offended! I’m going to shout about how offended I am and point it out to you and everyone. What do you mean it’s only a sentence...” sad but the reality.

I enjoy the podcast. Keep it up lads @Steve Bloomer's Washing

We'll make top 6 if our fans get right behind our team, believe in our team, stay positive, sing their heads, chests and boobies off, and our football club responds by playing right proper sexy football that delivers us all into the play offs on fire and we make Wembley and we give whoever a right proper walloping and we all have a right proper knees up in London Town and nobody has any time on their hands to produce, or to worry about anything said on a podcast or on a thread on a football forum.

Sounds like the Red Army are enjoying themselves at Stamford Bridge, having a good sing song.

What are our Club 84 up too?......getting all hot and bothered with podcasts?

20 hours ago, Steve Bloomer's Washing said:

Actually read the post and listen to the podcast  - one of us believes we won't make the top six, one of us does. 

I know it's impossible to say how things will pan out - but we're 7th, there's 15 games to go and it's very tight, so it's a perfectly reasonable question to ask.

It's not 'negativity crap' - it's a simple discussion based on our honest opinions on where we think we are now.

Was this podcast titled by Nicholson? Clickbait is alive.

1 hour ago, curb said:

The podcast might be balanced and articulate, but I'm not going to listen to it because the headline is negative clickbait. 

I hear enough of that every week in the south stand thanks. 

Exactly - if they wanted to make any podcast they could quite easily have made one for the games we have until the end of March stating we have 5 home games and two local Derbies and a great chance of creating a feel good factor around the club.

Not 'Why we won't make the play offs' nobody knows whether we will or won't FFS

1 hour ago, CHCDerby said:

Exactly - if they wanted to make any podcast they could quite easily have made one for the games we have until the end of March stating we have 5 home games and two local Derbies and a great chance of creating a feel good factor around the club.

Not 'Why we won't make the play offs' nobody knows whether we will or won't FFS

You should definitely set up your own podcast to show these ultra negative guys how it is done. Sounds like you know how easy it is to do, so get it sorted tonight I can listen on way to work in the morning.

I'll probably drive head first into a lorry if I have to listen to Suicidal Bloomer's Watching again.

1 hour ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Mouth breathers.. give it a rest ?

The indignation and offence triggered by a thread title must make it almost impossible for some folk to even get through the day without raging themselves into oblivion. 

If it helps, we’re going up!! 

I'm looking forward to this one more than normal so I can laugh at how balanced it actually is.

4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

You should definitely set up your own podcast to show these ultra negative guys how it is done. Sounds like you know how easy it is to do, so get it sorted tonight I can listen on way to work in the morning.

I'll probably drive head first into a lorry if I have to listen to Suicidal Bloomer's Watching again.

?

On 18/02/2019 at 11:33, Steve Bloomer's Washing said:

At what point did you regret posting the information about your podcast on here, bet you won't be doing that again in a hurry after it got highjacked by the happy clapper rose tinted spectacle glass half full brigade.

Archived