Super tommy Lawrence

Big Trav

This will definatly spark debate within the forum. I am a fan of Tom Lawrence but feel he is being misused in the team. I don’t think he’s a winger I think he could play striker when Jacko isn’t available or tired. I think most of us can agree that nuge is deteriating and looks off the mark. I think it’d be worth a try and see how he goes. It might give him the freedom that he so desperately needs. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure it's fair to say he's being misused in the team, played in a position he has held for the majority of his career both at club and international level. 

I think Waghorn may have a case to say he deserves a go in the middle before we get to Lawrence. 

I hope all Rams get behind Tom wherever he plays and the rest of the players now window is shut.We have the remainder of this season to get in to top six and play offs and still the possibility of top 2.Its time to accept the players we have are very capable of success in this league and cup and the fans need to be the 12th man no mighty how we play or individuals play on the pitch.

Think we need to stop buying wingers who might really be really 10s. Not sure we have any out-and-out wide-men at the club right now, but we do have a whole bunch of players who look better played centrally. Tom's a good example really as while he has indeed played most of his career on the wing, he really burst into the spotlight at Ipswich where he seemed to have been given license to to roam, which definitely suited him better. In a more structured system like Frank's, he needs to work hard to increase his effectiveness from out wide which I think a player of his talent can do. 

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

This will definatly spark debate within the forum. I am a fan of Tom Lawrence but feel he is being misused in the team. I don’t think he’s a winger I think he could play striker when Jacko isn’t available or tired. I think most of us can agree that nuge is deteriating and looks off the mark. I think it’d be worth a try and see how he goes. It might give him the freedom that he so desperately needs. 

I think TL is one of the most gifted players at the club. Can't understand the inconsistancy. 

If we stick Lawrence up front I’ll cry. Bloke wouldn’t be able to hold a ball if his life depended on it. I think he’s got more to give certainly, but not until he stops thinking he’s good enough to outskill every player and starts using his brain/teammates more. He’ll never be a lone striker though. In a two maybe but he’s far too weak to leave on his own.

1 hour ago, David said:

Not sure it's fair to say he's being misused in the team, played in a position he has held for the majority of his career both at club and international level. 

I think Waghorn may have a case to say he deserves a go in the middle before we get to Lawrence. 

Lawrence had his most successful season whilst playing at Ipswich, according to my friend who supports Ipswich he said Lawrence played as a loan striker.

Lawrence does have pace though and sitting behind a striker seems to work for him.

If he started converting his chances he would be into double figures for goals, I can still see the goals coming eventually.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Lawrence had his most successful season whilst playing at Ipswich, according to my friend who supports Ipswich he said Lawrence played as a loan striker.

Lawrence does have pace though and sitting behind a striker seems to work for him.

If he started converting his chances he would be into double figures for goals, I can still see the goals coming eventually.

According to this he played CF 3 games, majority of his games were out wide or behind another forward 

BF20BB6E-8789-4F9B-AAC1-A25086ED777F.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Boycie said:

That winner at Reading was just my imagination?

That doesn’t count as it doesn’t fit the TL hate agenda. The lad could have a blinder and some on here wouldn’t give him any credit and moan when he cupped his ears in their direction.

TL will be a key player going into the second part of the season, would be great if certain supporters got behind him for a change, be critical by all means if it’s deserved,  but try to judge him as you do others.

Archived