Doesn’t look like we’re getting a centre back

DCFC27

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, David said:

Spare a thought for Spurs fans tonight, not a single signing in the summer or January, not sure our lot would cope with that ?

To be fair they do have two quality players for every position so it would’ve require them to spend money that they don’t have to drastically improve because of their new stadium costs.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Only logical reason I can think of why we didn’t sign anyone after Pearce left is because they were awaiting on possible positive news about Davies and Forsyth’s injuries and that they’re ahead of schedule perhaps.

You don't get ahead of schedule from.an ACL and a ruptured Achilles.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Is Ashley Cole actually going to be playing Centre back in a surprise move that we all look back on geenyous in six months?

He will be playing right back, centre half and covering the left back position at the same time.

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Is Ashley Cole actually going to be playing Centre back in a surprise move that we all look back on geenyous in six months?

A few full backs do prefer and tend to play CB when the legs go abit 

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

You are right, they should be aiming for mid table. Have you heard of financial fair play (FFP)? This limits a clubs spending, we are close to our limit, hence limiting our options of who we could buy/bring in.

Mel does not want to sell the club.

You're fighting a losing battle on this front. 

I'd assume if people really were Derby fans they'd take the time to understand the external influences on our decisions when it comes to spending, but that would be tiresome and unproductive.

Instead, let's blast the ownership/management for lacking ambition, spend, spend, spend to get up, and worry about the sanctions another day.

In fairness it was possibly an option in the past, although one with no guarantee of success, and if there's one club almost certain to muck it up it would be us, but it's not possible now.

It would seem to me to be a prerequisite of supporting a club, and certainly something to make sure of before advocating a course of action, to make sure it couldn't come back to hurt the club in the very near future, as in this season.

I admit it's boring, anti competitive and against all fans natural instinct, after all not many of us grew up playing Spreadsheet manager 2010, but it's the reality, it's not hard to understand if you so wish, and if you do so you'll be better informed and less frustrated with the ownership/management.

6 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

No it's not though some have been panicking since the window opened.

We’ve only got 2 centre backs. I’m not having a go at the club or anything cause they have tried clearly but it’s not exactly a good situation to be in. Clearly our financial troubles are quite bad.

Archived