Doesn’t look like we’re getting a centre back

DCFC27

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

Your the one that would just sign anybody and then slate them as soon as they dont fit the bill.

Lampard isnt just going to buy anybody and will only bring a player in that improves us.

I haven't slated any player. I slate the club for a lack of planning and for raising expectations when there  is no ambition to get promoted. And there clearly isn't!

It is really poor that we’ve had a few weeks to bring a cover in and clearly Lampard was desperate for one but people saying Morris won’t open his wallet are stupid, he’s spent some big money over the last few years and it’s not worked out, he can’t keep doing it

Just now, Harrowram said:

I haven't slated any player. I slate the club for a lack of planning and for raising expectations when there  is no ambition to get promoted. And there clearly isn't!

How did they raise expectations? 

25 minutes ago, rynny said:

It wasn't even a minute he was on the pitch for. He came on for Lawrence after he scored against Reading, they took kick off the ref blew for full time. I don't think it was even a second ?

So what you're saying is we let an experienced centre half out on loan, despite the stat that we hadn't conceded all season when he was on the pitch, and we haven't replaced him!

Just now, reveldevil said:

So what you're saying is we let an experienced centre half out on loan, despite the stat that we hadn't conceded all season when he was on the pitch, and we haven't replaced him!

You missed the part where the opposition haven't even touched the ball in our half whilst he has been on the pitch. 

Just now, Harrowram said:

Lampard and the players say they want promotion.The club has done nothing to support that ambition . If Mel Morris wants to sell why doesn't he admit it?

You are right, they should be aiming for mid table. Have you heard of financial fair play (FFP)? This limits a clubs spending, we are close to our limit, hence limiting our options of who we could buy/bring in.

Mel does not want to sell the club.

3 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Lampard and the players say they want promotion.The club has done nothing to support that ambition . If Mel Morris wants to sell why doesn't he admit it?

You are aware that this is much more to do with FFP than Mel simply putting his hand in his pockets. He is the only one with any idea how much we have in the kitty before falling foul.

9 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

I didnt say you had slated a player, I said you would as soon as they wasn't fitting the bill.

If there's no players to buy, what would you like the club to do?

6 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Great idea let’s spend loads of money and break ffp rules so we can look forward to a transfer embargo in the summer.

Just now, Ambitious said:

You are aware that this is much more to do with FFP than Mel simply putting his hand in his pockets. He is the only one with any idea how much we have in the kitty before falling foul.

Is it FFP.? Over the last two seasons we have sold our best player. Last season Russell, Bent ,Baird, Shackell, Weimann,   Jerome and Vydra  left the club. Even though money was wasted on Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman and Anja , revenue was gained from the sale of Hendrick and Will Hughes. Is it FFP or is it simply the case that Mel wishes to sell.?

Sorry but this is an absolute joke. 

When you have 3 central defenders at the club, you don't let the 3rd one leave without having a replacement lined up.

We've essentially let Alex Pearce go and provide cover for Millwall's centre halves instead of our own. Cos he's been sat on the bench for them.

We've had 31 days to sign a centre half and the fact that we haven't done that is amateurish at best.

You just know that Keogh or Tomori will get injured or sent off at some point and we'll only have ourselves to blame.

Absolutely disgraceful this is.

A top 6 team pushing for the premier League have allowed themselves to have 2 fit centre halves. Wow. 

I'm really not bothered.

Out of adversity comes strength. If necessary we play evans and wisdom. This group has now got to pull together to triumph. Players have to work together. Step up to the plate as necessary.

bring it on.

Archived