Doesn’t look like we’re getting a centre back

DCFC27

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll never know why clubs leave it so late. 

I know in essence it's like dominoes, but it seems we've got rid of Pearce without anything in place, and that could be immensely costly.

Now I think Hudds and Wisdom are good enough, but Frank seems to think otherwise.

Was Pearce actually hastily sacrificed for Cole?

Shuffling Butterfield off seems to have made wiggle room for one, who will now be King, who would be pretty pointless if we use what is already at our disposal.  Let's hope it doesn't cost us.

5 minutes ago, Papahet said:

I'd argue we needed a cb, cm and another forward. 

Shocked how bad we are in the January window, ever since Burley left we've either weakened or stood still whilst every other club strengthens 

This season is completely independent to the others. Frank has said from day 1 that we have no money to spend and I'm actually surprised anyone expected anything different today. I really think that all the blame for this quiet window has to go onto previous managers and not Frank.

13 minutes ago, Papahet said:

I'd argue we needed a cb, cm and another forward. 

Shocked how bad we are in the January window, ever since Burley left we've either weakened or stood still whilst every other club strengthens 

Sorry not one to argue much but little shocked you thought it would be any different, when Frank has said all along we didn’t have the resources of others, regardless of what we wanted.

Youth and lower leagues will be our pathway, with odd Ashley Cole type fixes thrown into the mix.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

But all they had to do is pick up the phone and ask, takes 5 minutes, do you know how many phone calls that is in 1 month?

44580 minutes from midnight 1st January to 11pm 31st January, thats a potential 8916 phone calls if they worked round the clock which they should. 

6 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Sorry not one to argue much but little shocked you thought it would be any different, when Frank has said all along we didn’t have the resources of others, regardless of what we wanted.

Youth and lower leagues will be our pathway, with odd Ashley Cole type fixes thrown into the mix.

But surely sending defensive cover like Alex Peace out on loan to Millwall, would/should have paved the way for someone else to come in?  It’s amateur to send players out without a potential replacement lined up, especially when you’re currently occupying the top six spots.

I wouldn’t have been against James Bree from Villa before he joined Ipswich earlier today. Was decent at Barnsley, still a good age (21). ..but nope.

I just don’t understand how a club can sell Hughes, Hendrick, Ince, Vydra ...and not have a pot to piss in still. Not a penny.

Archived