Doesn’t look like we’re getting a centre back

DCFC27

1 minute ago, rynny said:

The other thing is with FFP the sanctions can be very severe, there has even been talk that it could include a points deduction. Imagine how bad it would be if we miss out on the play offs because of a points deduction, that would be the worst scenario on missing out for me. 

Or you end up like Birmingham - where you have to get FA approval for every deal, which can take days, including giving new contracts to players you already own.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

Not overly concerned but, the question of why it’s been left so late? Has to be asked. 

The positives we take are that we have wisdom and Evans that can play there but if it was a priority all through January why are we in this position with 2 hours to go 

I agree.  We have had a bloody month to find one and have left it all to the last min and it looks like we were too late on agreeing any deals...... I don't get it really. If it was a priority it should have been done days ago. 

Just now, oldtimeram said:

I agree.  We have had a bloody month to find one and have left it all to the last min and it looks like we were too late on agreeing any deals...... I don't get it really. If it was a priority it should have been done days ago. 

takes 2 to tango though.  January is a tough window and as we have seen it can have a detrimental affect when you get desperate.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

If Keogh, Tomori, Wilson, Mount, Holmes, Marriott, Bogle, Waghorn, Bennett and Lawrence all get injured we will have left ourselves very short. Sort it out Mel!

If it rains, we’ll all get wet! Mel, get that roof built! A disgrace otherwise!

I am 100% sure that frank and mel are trying the very best they can with what we have and what we can spend , our expectations have gone through the roof again because we are doing pretty well and some people want us to take the gamble and over spend ,if we do that and don’t go up we are up it with no paddle and mel is the devil incarnate with frank the arch villain failure ar his side ,,, 

we have bought in and brought / are bringing through some very promising young players and are building the right way again whilst having the bonus of being in the promotion shake up , beating Man U away , performing really well away at Chelsea , beating prem Southampton in the cup and our profile is right up there as a club which I’m sure is producing revenue too 

some people need to get a grip

1 minute ago, oldtimeram said:

This wouldn't have happened in Sam Rush's day. He would have used his contacts to pay large transfers fees for a couple of players who were both from the same agent that we only ever buy from.

Everyone would get very excited as the numbers would be big, then we'd see them play. Then we'd be saddled with them for years.

1 hour ago, one_chop said:

Wisdom would slot in nicely at CD if needed. Nothing to worry about.

Except he is currently injured and when he has played his inconsistent performances have ranged from good to awful , so not sure there is 'nothing to worry about',

2 hours ago, Premier ram said:

The season falling apart because we have let Alex Pearce go , ive heard it all now , ffs get a grip , the guy hasnt played any football for us this season , now hes suddenly pivotal to our promotion hopes

So why was CB cover Lampard's stated priority?

It's refreshing to see the club not spending money on panic January signings. That goes for all English clubs in this window, hopefully it's the realisation that the transfer fees and wages are getting ridiculous and everyone's refusing to splash out on over-inflated prices.

6 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

This wouldn't have happened in Sam Rush's day. He would have used his contacts to pay large transfers fees for a couple of players who were both from the same agent that we only ever buy from.

Everyone would get very excited as the numbers would be big, then we'd see them play. Then we'd be saddled with them for years.

I hear what you say, but I don't really see the relevance. Other "Rushless" clubs get things sorted in good time. If a CB was not a priority I completely understand leaving it to the last min to get a good deal, but FL had openly stated it was a priority signing and we have failed to land anyone and the ideal player to fill this role is now out on loan. 

4 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

It's refreshing to see the club not spending money on panic January signings. That goes for all English clubs in this window, hopefully it's the realisation that the transfer fees and wages are getting ridiculous and everyone's refusing to splash out on over-inflated prices.

Sam Vokes might not be a panic signing but I’d love to know how Burnley kept a straight face when asking £9m (according to reports).

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Because when the accounts are released it shows our profit/loss and it is at the edge of what we able to lose to comply with FFP. 

Ledley's contract was cancelled minutes before the window closed according to the club, not exactly a lot of time to do something. Butterfield left and King came in. Thorne and Pearce left Cole came in. The chances are we will be paying most of Thorne's and Butterfield's wages, so again not given a lot to use.

It isn't ideal, but it isn't through lack of trying, however we are able to bring in an out of contract defender in. 

On Pearce, Lampard's comments on why he left are refreshing, and gives a bit of pride that we look after our player's needs. Especially after some have criticised the way we have handled some of the others that aren't wanted. 

You seem to have insider information on the accounts. Are you the accountant?

3 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Everything @rynny has talked about is public information. You just have to look for it. Accounts of football clubs, to a certain degree of detail, are released to the public.

9 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

After your claims of Mount out for the season last night, insider information because you know Chelsea fans I’m not sure you’re in a great position to make comments like these. Especially when the club have been so open with fans on FFP and accounts published for the world to see.

Might be worth going back and watching the fans forums.

Archived