Out of the door - Predictions

i-Ram

Let’s have your predictions today (Sunday) what might happen in the coming week on players leaving before the January window closes (loans or sales).

Anya, Butterfield, Johnson and Ledley, got to be favourites haven’t they?

Bryson and Nugent possibly?

A couple of young players on loan perhaps for experience?

Marriott, Lawrence or Bogle sold to manage the books, or to allow Frank to deal?

Let’s not speculate on this thread who might come in instead.  Let’s not speculate that there is a prize on offer either for the poster who gets the most correct.

FWIW I go with Butterfield, Johnson and Nugent. What do you guys think?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping Butterfield leaves on loan. All depends on if he's got any motivation to go and play. I'd let Johnson go if possible but he's on so much money. I'd imagine he'd be happy sitting on it until his contract runs out.

Have I missed something with Bryson? Is he injured? Nothing seems to have been mentioned.

No way on earth would we sell Marriott. Selling your goalscorer in the week before the transfer window poops would be football suicide. 

I wouldn't be against selling Lawrence or Bogle and reinvest back in the squad. But not much of a turnaround to do such a thing.

Think 1 or 2 loans in and then a big summer in store.

Think it’s gonna be busier than people expect in outgoings, we clearly want to shift the dead wages etc 

Butterfield, Anya are obviously favourites, followed by Johnson and ledley. Also expect Bryson to leave in the next couple of days along with Nugent. So there’s 6 I’m expecting out on perms.

Beyond that probably just a couple of loans, maybe bird for some experience? And macdonald now that Cole is in, neither of those have had much senior football so a loan would make sense.

4 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Butterfield - loan to Sunderland

Johnson - loan to Portsmouth

Anya - loan to Rangers

Sibley - loan to Carlisle

Nugent - free to Portsmouth

Ledley - free to Charlton

Lawrence - £10m to Cardiff

What do I win?

A Tom Lawrence shot blazed over the bar when he could've set his team mate a tap in to treasure forever and ever.

18 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Butterfield - loan to Sunderland

Johnson - loan to Portsmouth

Anya - loan to Rangers

Sibley - loan to Carlisle

Nugent - free to Portsmouth

Ledley - free to Charlton

Lawrence - £10m to Cardiff

What do I win?

A free weekend in Broadmoor for being the largest delusionalist on this forum.

Which coincidentally takes some doing. 

Quiet window.

Can't see bryson or nugent going.

Ledley, Butterfield and johnno all 50/50 for loans.

there may be an outside chance of a bid for Roos.

Bogle staying put.

We might muddle through without any incomers if kellan gordon can step up, allowing wisdom and evans to cover central defence. He  doesn't have the same profile as max lowe but is there really much difference? 

I don't think any will leave, one of them at most - and probably on loan. I want them gone as much as the next man but we have to realise they're bang average/lower championship players on low premier league/high championship wages. As much as most people will say they'd rather go play, when the choice is between going to a lesser club and a lesser paycheck or staying in the area you are settled in whilst receiving more wages the reality is the latter is more appealing. Especially for players coming to the end of their careers with family to think of. 

I can’t see anything happening, no ins or outs due to nobody wanting our big waged dross and no funds because of ffp.  

The consensus on here has been let’s ride it out with what we’ve got until the end of the season and see where we end up. I personally think we’re missing a trick again. Yesterday proved we are lacking a back up striker. ?

Archived