Out of the door - Predictions

i-Ram

7 hours ago, McRainy said:

It isn't an 'assassination' of someone's character to question their actions and motives. Given the lack of information, people are bound to speculate, particularly when it would be better for Derby if certain players moved on.

So why is Butterfield included? It was reported that he agreed to join Hull on loan in the last window and if it wasn't for the fact that the FA/EFL received the paperwork after the window closed, by a couple of minutes, he would be there now, he also spent last season at Sheff Wed. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, rynny said:

So why is Butterfield included? It was reported that he agreed to join Hull on loan in the last window and if it wasn't for the fact that the FA/EFL received the paperwork after the window closed, by a couple of minutes, he would be there now, he also spent last season at Sheff Wed. 

......and has performed manfully when called upon for the u23’s and behaved like the model professional by all accounts. Despite shocking treatment from FL, the club and from a section of “fans”. When he leaves today he will no doubt still be criticized by some new reason that only some can fathom, leaving behind some of our dross midfield that can’t pass a ball but do run around a lot and kiss ass on social media. But he won’t speak badly of the club or it’s support, because he is a model pro imo, and we’ll lose a quality footballer...also imo. 

Going on loan don’t affect wages as they still get paid, just percentages on what the wanting club wants to pay, so if there still sat in the stands means nobody wants them right? I’m sure as a professional player you’d want to be playing, if not well, it baffles me

1 hour ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Going on loan don’t affect wages as they still get paid, just percentages on what the wanting club wants to pay, so if there still sat in the stands means nobody wants them right? I’m sure as a professional player you’d want to be playing, if not well, it baffles me

Or Derby’s contribution demands are too high, or Derby might restrict qualifying clubs (would you want to loan a player to say....Blackburn, only to see them pip you at the post for a play-off spot??, the fans would love that!) or the agents are crap, or a club might tick all the right boxes but geographically just not be realistically practical for a players current situation or be right for their long term prospects...etc....etc... So I don’t think it’s as black and white as you suggest.

50 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Derby might restrict qualifying clubs (would you want to loan a player to say....Blackburn, only to see them pip you at the post for a play-off spot??,

Fulham, cough, Cardiff. 

On 28/01/2019 at 09:09, Warren Hobhead said:

I don’t see any movement out if I’m honest. The players that have been cast aside by Frank have been available since the 1st of the month, some were available in the last window too. Yet they remain here for whatever reason.

3 hours ago, Ilsonram12 said:

1 hour ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Or Derby’s contribution demands are too high, or Derby might restrict qualifying clubs (would you want to loan a player to say....Blackburn, only to see them pip you at the post for a play-off spot??, the fans would love that!) or the agents are crap, or a club might tick all the right boxes but geographically just not be realistically practical for a players current situation or be right for their long term prospects...etc....etc... So I don’t think it’s as black and white as you suggest.

Warren hits the nail on the head. If our players were really in demand they'd have gone earlier in the window. Now it looks like if anyone at all is to go, it must be because other deals do or don't get done late on. Ilson's right that players still get paid their contractual wage (it's just whether we or the loaning club or a combination make up the wages) and then as the Arch Deacon says there are going to be other factors. It's galling that Bryson got automatic promotion with Cardiff and not us last season.

I think Butterfield's had most interest so my guess is he'll be the only one out of the door. But at this stage it might mean dropping to League One. Suggest Portsmouth unless Blackburn show late interest.

We'll keep Anya, Ledley and Johnson.

But we have moved Thorne and Pearce out so the numbers of senior pros not making the squad have reduced.

45 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Warren hits the nail on the head. If our players were really in demand they'd have gone earlier in the window. Now it looks like if anyone at all is to go, it must be because other deals do or don't get done late on. Ilson's right that players still get paid their contractual wage (it's just whether we or the loaning club or a combination make up the wages) and then as the Arch Deacon says there are going to be other factors. It's galling that Bryson got automatic promotion with Cardiff and not us last season.

I think Butterfield's had most interest so my guess is he'll be the only one out of the door. But at this stage it might mean dropping to League One. Suggest Portsmouth unless Blackburn show late interest.

We'll keep Anya, Ledley and Johnson.

But we have moved Thorne and Pearce out so the numbers of senior pros not making the squad have reduced.

My gut tells me Johnson and Butterfield will go, Anya not as he has the extra year on his contract so less of a hurry. Butts may well drop to league 1, but I suspect club location will play a part. Plus, as I understand it, more desirable clubs have enquired but deferred action until the summer window when he’s a free agent. So any move will be about getting in shape for next season and re-kindling current interest in a few months. Again, there are clubs around us that we would be wise to knock back now we’re in the run up and play-off places hotly contested.

On 27 January 2019 at 12:38, RamNut said:

Quiet window.

Can't see bryson or nugent going.

Ledley, Butterfield and johnno all 50/50 for loans.

there may be an outside chance of a bid for Roos.

Bogle staying put.

We might muddle through without any incomers if kellan gordon can step up, allowing wisdom and evans to cover central defence. He  doesn't have the same profile as max lowe but is there really much difference? 

Not bad.

34 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Joe Ledley shows his class , good job Kentram or Archdeacon aren't his agent !!!! ??

Touche. The only caveat I'd throw in is that I never disagreed with your point to that degree. if players want to leave to get more game time - brilliant. I would be the biggest advocate of that. I'm just saying that players who take the decision to honour their contract shouldn't be maligned or derided. Both are fair decisions to me.

Besides, I reckon if I were his agent, I'd get a bigger pay packet for finding him a new club ?

Archived