Accrington Stanley v Derby County FA Cup 4th Round 26th Jan

Stanleyhouse

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Ellafella said:

In the 1980s, the club was mentioned in a British advert for milk, which briefly brought the club to the attention of the general public.[9][10]The advertisement featured two boys in Liverpool replica shirts played by young actors Carl Rice and Kevin Staine. It made reference to Accrington Stanley's obscurity in comparison to Liverpool's success at the time.
Boy 1: "Milk! Urghh!"
Boy 2: "It's what Ian Rush drinks."
Boy 1: "Ian Rush?"
Boy 2: "Yeah. And he said if I didn't drink lots of milk, when I grow up, I'll only be good enough to play for Accrington Stanley."
Boy 1: "Accrington Stanley, who are they?"
Boy 2: "Exactly."

In the weekly football show, Soccer A.M., the phrase "Accrington Stanley, who are they?" is said every time a fixture is read out that has the club in it, referring to the milk advert. 

I bought a joke book when I was a kid.

The only joke I didn’t find funny was “What’s black and white and slides down the table.”

8 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Could have sworn Rowett bought that stoke player back into the 1st team.....

?

He did it’s James McClean..... 

Six days to go.

Yesterday, we lost 1-0 at Charlton, to a last minute penalty (handball that the ref didn't see), our keeper was sent off too. So things can only get better as they say.

More info for fans travelling up to the match.

The Wham Stadium: 

For those going by car:                  SAT NAV: BB5 5BX   

From the M65 -Leave the M65 at Junction 7, taking the Clitheroe turn off the roundabout. Turn right at the first set of traffic lights following the A678. Follow the road to the next set of traffic lights. Turn right again towards Accrington on the A680. Carry straight on at the next set of lights with the Greyhound pub on your right. Take the first left after the Crown pub into Livingstone Road.

From  the M66-At the end of the M66 follow the A56 until you come to the Rising Bridge roundabout.

Take the first turning, the A680 towards Accrington for around 3 miles. Follow the ring road around the town centre. Opposite the Castle pub, turn right to rejoin the A680 following signs for Clitheroe and Clayton-Le-Moors. Drive up the hill under the railway bridge, through one set of lights and over a mini-roundabout. Livingstone Road is the next turning on the right.

22 minutes ago, peachmyster said:

I see this match is live on Bt sport can u just pay to view this match as i dont have bt sport or will it be on rams tv for uk viewers 

no you cant PPV it like you can on sky and it wont be on rams tv at all because its on international TV.

Archived