Accrington Stanley v Derby County FA Cup 4th Round 26th Jan

Stanleyhouse

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19 January 2019 at 00:08, Ellafella said:

In the 1980s, the club was mentioned in a British advert for milk, which briefly brought the club to the attention of the general public.[9][10]The advertisement featured two boys in Liverpool replica shirts played by young actors Carl Rice and Kevin Staine. It made reference to Accrington Stanley's obscurity in comparison to Liverpool's success at the time.
Boy 1: "Milk! Urghh!"
Boy 2: "It's what Ian Rush drinks."
Boy 1: "Ian Rush?"
Boy 2: "Yeah. And he said if I didn't drink lots of milk, when I grow up, I'll only be good enough to play for Accrington Stanley."
Boy 1: "Accrington Stanley, who are they?"
Boy 2: "Exactly."

In the weekly football show, Soccer A.M., the phrase "Accrington Stanley, who are they?" is said every time a fixture is read out that has the club in it, referring to the milk advert. 

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Did this on Adidas kit designer. Closest I could get to the original.

15480125899246681594804695755272.jpg

I'd like to see one which isn't quartered. Good effort that tbf. It would seem odd bordering on plain wrong though to be playing in a kit from the 1880's with Adidas and 32Red plastered all over it.

3 hours ago, Rampant said:

I'd love for us to have that as an away kit one season as a tribute to our roots.

Anyone else agree ? .......we could always have a public vote , I'll add my two penneth worth and say I'm all in favour ,  if it was good enough for Man Ure ..........

3 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Anyone else agree ? .......we could always have a public vote , I'll add my two penneth worth and say I'm all in favour ,  if it was good enough for Man Ure ..........

I agree. There was a rumour from 2013 when the EFL was 125 that we were going to play the opening game (v Blackburn) in blue, chocolate and gold...

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

I agree. There was a rumour from 2013 when the EFL was 125 that we were going to play the opening game (v Blackburn) in blue, chocolate and gold...

COME ON fellow RAMS, let's make this happen , this could be a CLASSIC strip in every sense of the word , possibly in a "period" design ?  Like the Man Ure one was?

On 16/01/2019 at 22:53, Stanleyhouse said:

Hello, I'm Robert, the Supporter Liaison Officer at Accrington Stanley. Congratulations on tonight's win.

You'll be made very welcome at the Wham Stadium next Saturday.

If there's anything you need to know about the match don't hesitate to ask me.

You'll be getting approx 1500 terrace and 1000 seats.

Beware that Northern Rail are striking that day.  

Look forward to your questions.

Is there parking anywhere near the ground? wheres best for away fans coming up to park?

Archived