Watchable telly

dog

Not sure what to watch next.

@Stive Pesley has put me off moving on to season two of Bloodline. I enjoyed season one, but now Danny is dead, and he was the best character, and after Stive's brutal and slamming indictment, I think we should maybe remember it fondly and move on. No more than a 7/10 for me.

This Town looks interesting but isn't available until the weekend, so I may opt for Coma - any thoughts?

I just pulled up a lot of top dramas now available and came across this. I don't think I've heard of it, but it looks pretty good.

7 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

@Stive Pesley has put me off moving on to season two of Bloodline. I enjoyed season one, but now Danny is dead, and he was the best character, and after Stive's brutal and slamming indictment, I think we should maybe remember it fondly and move on. No more than a 7/10 for me.

This Town looks interesting but isn't available until the weekend, so I may opt for Coma - any thoughts?

I just pulled up a lot of top dramas now available and came across this. I don't think I've heard of it, but it looks pretty good.

We didn’t get past the first episode. Interesting scenario ruined by unlikely characters and a lack of subtlety.

We didn’t believe in it enough to continue.

24 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Better and Coma are both okay, not brilliant but both watchable.  I am thinking of starting The Cleaning Lady as I have just finished Love/Hate, unfortunately I think most things will be a disappointment after such a great series.

23 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm going to give season 2 a look. Bloodline's first season took a while to get going, but I liked it. My next two will be Shogun and This Town, both of which I'm really looking forward to. Will check out Coma as I've not heard of that.

As for Better, I gave it a go but didn't persist. I can't remember why though. I think perhaps it all felt a bit run of the mill.

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I don't think I've heard of it, but it looks pretty good.

I'd not heard of it either - drives me mad that so much content can pass you by if you're not careful. This thread is so bloody useful!

Good decision on Bloodline by the way. The second two series are basically the main guy trying to cover up what he did and going to more and more daft and unbelievable lengths to do so. I can't even remember the ending beyond that fact it was really unsatisfactory!

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Just finished watching "The Dropout" on BBC IPlayer.

Fascinating story (I already knew about having watched a documentary about it some where) and an entertaining series.

I really enjoyed The Dropout, saw it on Disney a few months back.

I also enjoyed WeCrashed on Apple and Dopesick on Disney. Both are similar stories of delusional/dangerous company leaders.

You can get 3 months of Apple TV+ by signing up to Currys Perks email and you can get 3 months of Disney with Tesco clubcard points.

8 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

As someone who's been binging Kin and Love/Hate recently, this looks good. 

If this is of interest, I’d strongly recommend Once upon a time in Northern Ireland which the BBC ran a while back.

Real life footage of the troubles, supported by commentary from those involved.

Really emotive stuff.

32 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

If this is of interest, I’d strongly recommend Once upon a time in Northern Ireland which the BBC ran a while back.

Real life footage of the troubles, supported by commentary from those involved.

Really emotive stuff.

Yeah, I've seen it, brilliant TV.

The Iraq one was excellent as well. 

On 25/03/2024 at 19:05, ramit said:

The suspension of disbelief is essential throughout, yet I binge watched this fun series. 

All that crime and not a copper in sight, lovely.

Yep. Ray Winstone playing Ray Winstone perfectly.

On 27/03/2024 at 13:31, Comrade 86 said:

I'm going to give season 2 a look. Bloodline's first season took a while to get going, but I liked it. My next two will be Shogun and This Town, both of which I'm really looking forward to. Will check out Coma as I've not heard of that.

As for Better, I gave it a go but didn't persist. I can't remember why though. I think perhaps it all felt a bit run of the mill.

Bloodline really didn't have enough storyline to extend far beyond 1 season IMO.  I probably only progressed into season 2 as I fancy the pants of Linda Cardellini. 

Seen 4 or 5 episodes of Shogun. Fairly slow pace and the action scenes arent as brilliant as I expected, but conversely there is an awful lot of mileage in the storyline and could go in so many directions, so I'm quietly very impressed. 

Edited by Chester40