Watchable telly

dog

12 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Anyone watching Boat Story on BBC iplayer - not sure about the weird narration thing going on, but getting used to it. A LOT of fairly unexpected violence too, so probably not for those of a nervous disposition

Daisy Haggard is excellent as ever, as is Paterson Joseph (although I keep expecting him to go full Johnson out of Peep Show)

And episode one has an excellent Whippet in it 😂

Some pals keep telling me to watch it. I'm pretty log jammed right now though but will grab for future viewing as it sounds like the perfect antidote to excess Xmas schmaltz.

11 hours ago, Rev said:

Have now finished Boat Story. 

Worra load of s****, I can't recall a series that started so promisingly yet ended so poor.

A waste of the considerable talent assembled, I can see why the Beeb haven't pushed it.

Ugh - we're only half way through and quite enjoying it. I shall temper my expectations

11 hours ago, Rev said:

Have now finished Boat Story. 

Worra load of s****, I can't recall a series that started so promisingly yet ended so poor.

A waste of the considerable talent assembled, I can see why the Beeb haven't pushed it.

Thank you. I was just saying to Mrs Wolfie last night that maybe we should start that. Don't think I'll bother now.

3 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Ugh - we're only half way through and quite enjoying it. I shall temper my expectations

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Thank you. I was just saying to Mrs Wolfie last night that maybe we should start that. Don't think I'll bother now.

Everyone's different, I wouldn't let me put you off.

10 hours ago, The Last Post said:

Taboo with Tom Hardy in the lead role, A mate put me onto it, BBC iPlayer 8 episodes, 1814 London with the East India Company as the bad guys fighting over the rights to land on the USA/Canada border, Espionage, Torture, Sex, Corruption, Murder, Very good viewing...imo 👍

Saw this yonks ago on Netflix. Loved it. Season 2 is some 6 yrs in the making but there's rumours we may get it next year. Fingers crossed. 

2 hours ago, The Last Post said:

Conspiracy deniers/enthusiasts😁

Lockerbie...Sky Documentaries...4 parts

You just don't know who to believe...altho Doctor Jim Swire says it wasn't who we were told it was 😉 

John Lydon was due to get that plane but his wife left her passport behind and they couldn't board.  Lucky twist of fate for him.  Never know what's going to transpire.

14 hours ago, The Last Post said:

Taboo with Tom Hardy in the lead role, A mate put me onto it, BBC iPlayer 8 episodes, 1814 London with the East India Company as the bad guys fighting over the rights to land on the USA/Canada border, Espionage, Torture, Sex, Corruption, Murder, Very good viewing...imo 👍

The East India Company were definitely the bad guys, They were the equivalent of Blackrock and Vanguard nowadays who own pretty much everything. The British Army were basically formed to protect their interests.

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

John Lydon was due to get that plane but his wife left her passport behind and they couldn't board.  Lucky twist of fate for him.  Never know what's going to transpire.

There's more twisty turney things than a twisty turney thing, Why were so many USA Diplomats told not to board this plane in Helsinki, There was a telex telling all USA Government officials Not to board flights heading for the USA around Xmas time after Iran said there will be retribution for the USA after it downed an Iranian commercial flight in the Gulf during the Oil crisis.

Hostages, Money, Oil, Double agents, German, UK, USA security personnel coming under great scrutiny, Radio parts allegedly planted, A break in at Heathrow Airport before the explosion.

Abdelbaset Al-Megrahi released on compassionate grounds(Cancer)as he only had 3 months to live, He died 3 years later 🤓, Blair signing a contract with Gaddafi for a £900m contract for BP and the release of prisoners, The UK never had any prisoners in Libya, But Libya had 1 prisoner...Al-Megrahi 🙄

As for John Lydon's Wife...Nora Forster a German publishing heiress...was she tipped off 😉 forgetting your passport 😁 who'd have thought👏