Watchable telly

dog

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

Very late to the party but I reckon Gomorrah must be the best show I've ever watched. 

I'm nearly at the end of series 3 and the tension building to the end of the penultimate episode regarding a hostage handover was incredible.

Some boys (and girls) those neopolitans.

My very favorite series of all time, currently rewatching from the beginning.

Anyone watched A Town Called Malice yet?  Heard mixed reviews and have one or two other things to watch first but be interested to hear any views.  I've series linked it anyway just wondered if it takes priority over finishing the last couple of seasons of Bosch (I know, playing catch up), Maternal (ITV) which I've heard was very good and starting Mandalorian too - this is the way. 

13 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Anyone watched A Town Called Malice yet?  Heard mixed reviews and have one or two other things to watch first but be interested to hear any views.  I've series linked it anyway just wondered if it takes priority over finishing the last couple of seasons of Bosch (I know, playing catch up), Maternal (ITV) which I've heard was very good and starting Mandalorian too - this is the way. 

I am part way (3 episodes) in and i love it.  Don't take it too seriously and if you like the music of the era and the classic casual clothing there's plenty to enjoy.

43 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Watched the first episode and didn’t really get into it but I’ll probably revisit and persevere.

43 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Third series of Race Across the World starts tonight.

Great programme (although you do have ignore the reality sometimes that there is a film crew following them around and that no doubt some scenes are re-shot a couple of time for a better dramatic effect).

Not sure this series will be quite as interesting as the previous ones as they are only travelling across one country and that country is an English speaking (largely) country.

As an aside, my sister and I were on the verge of applying for the next series. We thought they might be interested in a team made up of 63 year old twins with very different career backgrounds. I got as far as starting to complete the registration form but then noticed you need to be available for upto 8 weeks in September and October this year. I’m already away for a week in September and my sister is away for three weeks.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

Watched the first four episodes of Billions, with the makeup of the show and characters portrayed I keep expecting an appearance from Chris Kirchner.

the first four episodes? or first four of a new season?

On 22/03/2023 at 11:39, NottsRam said:

The Phantom on Netflix.  For lovers of true crime documentaries, this tells the story of a possible miscarriage of justice in Texas which led to the death penalty for the guy found guilty.  An interesting watch and thought provoking when it comes to capital punishment.

This is what America does well...Crime documentary's 

Another failure of the American Court System, Colour, Race, Social depravity, Incompetent/corrupt police, Poor lawyers, A jury that wants to get to their next social event in double quick time. 

If you've not seen...Moment of Truth then get your popcorn and sweets and sit back and watch, 5 episodes of the killing of Michael Jordans Father...I caught it on freevee app on my Fire TV  

1 hour ago, The Last Post said:

This is what America does well...Crime documentary's 

Another failure of the American Court System, Colour, Race, Social depravity, Incompetent/corrupt police, Poor lawyers, A jury that wants to get to their next social event in double quick time. 

If you've not seen...Moment of Truth then get your popcorn and sweets and sit back and watch, 5 episodes of the killing of Michael Jordans Father...I caught it on freevee app on my Fire TV  

Thanks, will have a look for it 👍

On 22/03/2023 at 14:58, CWC1983 said:

Very late to the party but I reckon Gomorrah must be the best show I've ever watched. 

I'm nearly at the end of series 3 and the tension building to the end of the penultimate episode regarding a hostage handover was incredible.

Some boys (and girls) those neopolitans.

It is fantastic, but I marginally preferred Top Boy. Maybe because it was in English. And I'd have Spiral on that level for foreign stuff.

Suburra: Blood on Rome is fairly good without ever reaching the heights of Gomorrah. 

Maternal (ITVX) - started this on Sky only for it to be removed so moved to the hugely inferior ITVX.  Story of 3 women returning to work (in a hospital) following maternity leave.  Mrs Bucks and I have just blitzed this over 2 days. Brilliant TV - showing the pressures of mothers in the workplace, male dominance, a nod to the pressures the NHS are under, particularly post COVID.  Definitely recommend it. 

Full Swing (Netflix) - same group that did the Drive to Survive docuseries, which I enjoyed, this follows pro golfers as they strive to win majors.  Only half-way through but really enjoying this so far.  Maybe a little orchestrated; I think one review described it as Rich men with Small Balls but, especially if you're a golf fan, I'd recommend.