Watchable telly

dog

On 17/01/2023 at 12:23, Tamworthram said:

If you enjoy Gomorrah (as I did), I recommend you also watch Subarra, Blood on Rome. I don’t think it quite reaches the heights of Gomorrah but still an excellent series IMO.

Or alternatively, The Hunter, which I think is still available on All4 - it's relevant to current news because it's based on the memoirs of the Anti-Mafia prosecutor responsible for breaking up the branch of the Cosa Nostra led by the Boss they finally captured in hiding last week.

On 17/01/2023 at 10:12, TuffLuff said:

Adding my +1 for Early Doors, started my rewatch on Saturday night and I think it’s better than I remember, the characters are a lot more nuanced aside Phil and Nige.

Agree - it's written in a way that is just warm and affectionate. You end up liking every character, and you don't laugh at any of them. So clever...

On 01/12/2022 at 22:33, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The Bear.

Brilliant.

Took me a month, but watched this now and I concur - it's really good

Talented but troubled chef in Chicago inherits a rough and ready sandwich restaurant when his brother commits suicide. I put off trying it as the synopsis sounds quite dull, but it's funny, moving, well acted, great script and great characters. Give it a go - it's on Disney+

On 18/01/2023 at 16:32, Crewton said:

Or alternatively, The Hunter, which I think is still available on All4 - it's relevant to current news because it's based on the memoirs of the Anti-Mafia prosecutor responsible for breaking up the branch of the Cosa Nostra led by the Boss they finally captured in hiding last week.

Started to watch the Hunter and it looks promising but OMG All4, the adverts will drive me insane. And i'm not paying a subscription!

28 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

Started to watch the Hunter and it looks promising but OMG All4, the adverts will drive me insane. And i'm not paying a subscription!

Not sure what device you are watching it through, but I noticed that if I watch All4 via the app on my SmartTV, it shows ALL the adverts, but if I watch it via the app on my Virgin Media Tivo - it doesn't show any adverts. I guess the ad-free version is baked into my Virgin TV package 

On 20/01/2023 at 21:41, Eddie said:

Kleo (Netflix)

Set around the fall of the Berlin wall, Kleo is a Stasi assassin hell-bent on seeking revenge for her being imprisoned.

Deliciously dark comedy.

It's like a German version of Killing Eve in many ways, isn't it?

13 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Not sure what device you are watching it through, but I noticed that if I watch All4 via the app on my SmartTV, it shows ALL the adverts, but if I watch it via the app on my Virgin Media Tivo - it doesn't show any adverts. I guess the ad-free version is baked into my Virgin TV package 

Ahh, okay.  I was watching on the smart tv app.  Got a fire stick so might try the app on that.

18 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Second series of Mayor of Kingstown on Paramount is every bit as absorbing as series one. Great stuff!

Ah, glad a few others like it. I loved the first series and am waiting until I can grab the whole show and binge watch it with pizza and beers, preferably when the other half is at here parents ?

BTW, Jeremy Renner broke over 30 bones in that snowplough accident. Sounds horrific, but out of danger and mending well apparently. 

3 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Ah, glad a few others like it. I loved the first series and am waiting until I can grab the whole show and binge watch it with pizza and beers, preferably when the other half is at here parents ?

BTW, Jeremy Renner broke over 30 bones in that snowplough accident. Sounds horrific, but out of danger and mending well apparently. 

6500kg snowplough - very lucky he wasn't killed.....