January 2019 transfers thread

RamNut

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Villa are in for Isaac Hayden. A premier league quality midfielder from Newcastle. What's he gonna cost? £10m?

How do they get away with it in terms of ffp?

If they dont get promoted, they probably wont get away with it. 

Remember FFP works in 3 year periods - this is their 3rd year at this level I believe. So its go up now time or get ducked, I think.

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Villa are in for Isaac Hayden. A premier league quality midfielder from Newcastle. What's he gonna cost? £10m?

Transfer fees aren’t (initially) the problem, and won’t be at all if there is little book loss per season, and the club sell him on for similar/more than they paid. It’s when you make millions of losses on each player (Thorne, Anya, Butterfield, Johnson, Blackman)

3 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Terrible player, plus I think he'll cost a lot less than that. 

I actually think they have six CMs on their books already that are better - Lansbury, Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane, Jedinak & Bjarnsson. Although, I guess I would have him over Whelan. 

Hayden is a defensive midfielder with incredibly poor ball retention, a limited range of passing and poor positioning. Admittedly, I've not seen every game he's played in, but he's always stood out to me as a poor player when he's been sanctioned minutes on the pitch. 

• 2 weeks later...

SILVA: NO NEW GUEYE BIDS

Everton manager Marco Silva says Idrissa Gueye, who has asked to leave the club to join PSG, did not play against Huddersfield due to injury.

"He didn’t play tonight because he had a minor groin problem."

Translates......"he's a little rick".

5 hours ago, rynny said:

How many strikers do they need? 

A tall one to head the hoofs and a quick one to run after the hoofs.

the stokies are going to be delighted. They had the best squad in the divions on paper (allegedly) and an up and coming Gary Rowett. How could it have not worked, they even let ol snakey sign James McLean

Archived