January 2019 transfers thread

RamNut

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, David said:

Solanke and Clyne to Bournemouth, Clyne a loan and £19m+addons for Solanke.

Defoe has retired with a 18 month loan to Rangers.

Cannot believe that 1 goal earns you a 19m pound switch.

Talented young lad but the money is rather high. 

The fees are insane. 

£30m rejected for a sprog who has hardly kicked a ball.

Now £19m for another one.

No wonder we have to loan players.

3 hours ago, David said:

Solanke and Clyne to Bournemouth, Clyne a loan and £19m+addons for Solanke.

Defoe has retired with a 18 month loan to Rangers.

Brilliant bit of business by Liverpool. Paid £3m to Chelsea at tribunal then flogged him just over 18 months later with a £16m profit.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

The fees are insane. 

£30m rejected for a sprog who has hardly kicked a ball.

Now £19m for another one.

No wonder we have to loan players.

Utterly staggering sums of money ( plus wages) for people who haven’t even established a place on the football pitch ! 

3 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Snake City have confirmed Afobe and Ryan Woods on permanent deals according to SSN.

I haven't yet checked the oatcake forum for reactions - maybe @Lambchopcould find a couple of select cuts imagining how these players will benefit from Gary and the team's coaching ?

Can't be bothered to look for quotes, but I'm sure I've seen them say that Woods has regressed from the promise he originally showed, and that Afobe has been isolated and ineffective in Rowett's system. 

Don't imagine they'll be particularly thrilled, but McClean is the one that annoys them the most. 

7 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Well he certainly seems excited at the thought of it ...?

7 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Well he certainly seems excited at the thought of it ...?

Wood it be premature to start the puns yet?  Maybe this will cum to nothing? It's a hard one to call.

10 hours ago, RamNut said:

Paid double what any of them are worth.

I actually think Solanke for £19m is very good value. I had the pleasure of watching him in a lot of youth team games when he was at Chelsea and he was unbelievable. Tammy Abraham was coming through, a year behind at the time, and he was scoring at the same rate but didn't have anywhere near the technical ability. I'm surprised it hasn't happened for him yet, although he hasn't had a proper chance. I'd be delighted as a Bournemouth fan based on what I've seen, even if it was 4-5 years ago now. He was comfortably the best young player I watched at Academy level. 

As for another signing that caught my eye - Celtic have signed Oli Burke on loan from WBA. He was dynamite when he first started out at Forest. He scored four goals in five games in the first month of the 2017 season. He hasn't done much since then, but I'd have definitely taken a chance on him. 

Archived