January 2019 transfers thread

RamNut

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, RamNut said:

I'd never even heard of Matondo.(or most of the others).

incredible income from players with a negligable number of starts.

never knew Rulli was owned by City either?

cracking post.

Any idea if there's figures for what they cost available or are the all academy graduates?

51 minutes ago, David said:

Miguel Almirón Newcastle’s new record signing is talking to Sky through a translator. He’s spent the last 3 years playing for Atlanta United in the MLS. 

it may just be that he's not fully comfortable going full english just yet. I've seen other players and managers do interviews through translators but then been surprised to find out their english is ok.

If it turns out he has no english after three years then I agree it's poor.

58 minutes ago, David said:

Miguel Almirón Newcastle’s new record signing is talking to Sky through a translator. He’s spent the last 3 years playing for Atlanta United in the MLS. 

I'll bet his English is fine - fluent Geordie on the other hand......

Essentially, deal was agreed, James passed his medical, was sat at ER from about 6pm waiting to be unveiled and Swansea went quiet. Stopped responding to contact and 11pm went by. No deal sheet in with the EFL so as far as this window is concerned, James to Leeds isn't happening.

bad day for the Dirties 

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Swansea stopped replying to Leeds after 6pm with James sat at Elland Road waiting to be unveiled

But hey ...... Swansea did nothing illegal so there's no way Leeds' fans can be angry about this, is there?

Exactly, no rules against ignoring phone calls, can’t see any problem here

10 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Swansea stopped replying to Leeds after 6pm with James sat at Elland Road waiting to be unveiled

But hey ...... Swansea did nothing illegal so there's no way Leeds' fans can be angry about this, is there?

Unreal amount of respect for Swansea for pulling this poo housery on Leeds, couldn't have happened to a more deserving club. 

Archived