January 2019 transfers thread

RamNut

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/01/2019 at 21:21, Sparkle said:

Utterly staggering sums of money ( plus wages) for people who haven’t even established a place on the football pitch ! 

Yer like nearly 20 million quid for Butterfield, Anya and Johnson was an inspired piece of transfer business 

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Yer like nearly 20 million quid for Butterfield, Anya and Johnson was an inspired piece of transfer business 

When you think barely a couple of years earlier we picked up, Forsyth, Martin, Bryson, Russell, Ward, Keogh, Buxton for he price of two pints and a bag of pork scratchings.

10 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

When you think barely a couple of years earlier we picked up, Forsyth, Martin, Bryson, Russell, Ward, Keogh, Buxton for he price of two pints and a bag of pork scratchings.

It actually makes me want to weep.  We have taken our advantages and thrown them all in a big dustbin. 

Path to hell being paved with good intention and all that.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

It actually makes me want to weep.  We have taken our advantages and thrown them all in a big dustbin.  

Path to hell being paved with good intention and all that.

I have some sympathy with the butterfield and johnson signings. Hughes and Bryson had been ruled out for a significant length of time and we were suddenly having to replace two of our most important players almost overnight.

To be honest I still think having our pants pulled down for these and the likes of blackman, anya etc is the reason we give off messages that we are skint....

32 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

And out of all those brought in none were able to actually replace any of them

4 hours ago, Harrowram said:

Villa  are apparently interested in Neil Maupay from Brentford. Their transfer budget must be a bottomless pit!

Don’t think they can afford him. Brentford will ask 10-12 million for him and Villa would breach FFP rules. Thought it is loans or use their existing squad of 113 to cover the loss of the hired gun Tammy.

8 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Don’t think they can afford him. Brentford will ask 10-12 million for him and Villa would breach FFP rules. Thought it is loans or use their existing squad of 113 to cover the loss of the hired gun Tammy.

It all hints of desperation. They spent a fortune on Kodjia but hardly play him. Brentford would be mad to sell or loan Maupay right now given that he is their top scorer and they are struggling.

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Suprised he didn't make an impact at Blackburn. Be interesting to see how he does at Bristol City.

I'm surprised too. Thought he was excellent for us and was a bit gutted we didn't go in for him again to be honest,  so like you I'm  surprised things have not gone well at Blackburn. 

4 hours ago, David said:

It's balls. It's all about whether he's actually allowed to play for another team this season having already played for Chelsea in the charity shield. If fifa say he can play for Wolves, he'll be off. He's just keeping it sweet with Villa fans in case fifa say no.

Archived