January 2019 transfers thread

RamNut

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading the replies to some of those tweets, especially Phil Hay's. There's some really confident folk up in Yorkshire. Promotion seems inevitable to them.

Would be a real shame if they were to collapse.

7 minutes ago, McRainy said:

Swansea no longer the well run club people used to admire. Key players out, but no one in. Can see them going on a downward spiral. 

Exactly. A lesson in why sustainable relegation can be better in the long run than stay in the prem at all costs.

Burnley went down but stayed strong for example.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Exactly. A lesson in why sustainable relegation can be better in the long run than stay in the prem at all costs.

WBA is another example.  People scoff at yoyo clubs but it has some benefits.  As a supporter you get every other year or so as successful and there is a chance to build a war chest big enough to look realistically at survival every so often.  Sustainable relegation is a good phrase

13 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I’m not sure that’s necessarily the case. Swansea, Southampton and West Brom were three of the best well run clubs in the Premier League.

All turned poo after take overs. 

13 hours ago, Spanish said:

WBA is another example.  People scoff at yoyo clubs but it has some benefits.  As a supporter you get every other year or so as successful and there is a chance to build a war chest big enough to look realistically at survival every so often.  Sustainable relegation is a good phrase

Huddersfield the same. They’ve gone from having to get absolutely everything right and a bit of luck to now having the finances to be up there next season.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

No place in football for that. Wasn't even given as a foul. Oliveria's face is in a right state. 

Do not click on the link below if you do not like the sight of blood/deep cuts

https://twitter.com/erinmay101/status/1091802714433118208?s=19

I've not clicked the link below as I'm squeamish but.... no need to click on the link to know that the nasty piece of poo should be banned for ten games plus. (if it were up to me he'd be banned for life.

I've watched it seven, eight, nine, 100 times almost hoping to find a way to say he didn't mean it.

ducking hell man, how can you do that to a fellow pro? What kind of coward are you?

Just now, ronnieronalde said:

I've not clicked the link below as I'm squeamish but.... no need to click on the link to know that the nasty piece of poo should be banned for ten games plus. (if it were up to me he'd be banned for life.

I've watched it seven, eight, nine, 100 times almost hoping to find a way to say he didn't mean it.

ducking hell man, how can you do that to a fellow pro? What kind of coward are you?

It's not the first time he has done it either. He did it to Zlatan Ibrahimovic a couple of years ago, luckily, he didn't do any damage to him.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived