just giving rams fan

jimbobram

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a shocking horrible video and nothing short of bullying a vunerable person.

However, taking the football side out of it, to me this just shows us the shameful side of our society. It wasn't so long ago we saw something similar in a vunerable homeless man having a kebab thrown in his face on a night out in Derby.

Seen a fair few Forest fans up in arms about it and why wouldn't they be. I know we would be as well. Good to see a just giving page setup for him and I just hope whoever has setup it up is legit and knows the fella in question.

Absolutely disgusting behaviour. Don't know how this idiot thought it would be a good idea to record this.

I don't believe giving the poor lad money is the answer though. This justgiving trend for absolutely everything doesn't sit right with me.

Get him VIP tickets for a match for sure, but don't get the logic of trying to raise £1,000?

2 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Absolutely disgusting behaviour. Don't know how this idiot thought it would be a good idea to record this.

I don't believe giving the poor lad money is the answer though. This justgiving trend for absolutely everything doesn't sit right with me.

Get him VIP tickets for a match for sure, but don't get the logic of trying to raise £1,000?

We could get sledged for saying this but I agree, there's certain things that don't require a monetary reward.  Don't get me wrong, what the lad went through is terrible but surely a VIP day out would perk him up more and create lasting memories better than a grand sitting in his bank account.

From what I've seen on Twitter the ticket office were going to be getting in touch, and a chap had offered to buy him a new shirt.

I know the family involved and the young lad very well. I amongst others, alerted them to the vid being online and put a few of the more civil Forest fans/supporter groups, who were offering support on various boards - financial or otherwise, in touch with the family.

His name is Charlie btw, he is a lovely lad. A six and half foot 8 yr old basically, and its not difficult to work that out when you meet him.

Thankfully it doesnt look like he knows what is happening to him, which is one small shread of good (if you can call it that) I suppose.

From what  I know, everyone involved has been top notch from both teams. Just got to hope the toe rag owns up sooner rather than later. 

From what i seen on Twitter KP at the ticket office is sorting him out for tonight, Curtis Davies is getting him a new shirt, another fan is getting him a scarf and hat, and Jody Morris was asking about him too. Fair play to forest fans as well calling the guy filming it a ****, which he is.

More good in the world than bad. 

Fair play to Forest.

I do a lot work for charities at homes of special needs Derby and Forest supporters, for some it’s the one thing they love and show great support for through thick and thin.

They don’t see the hatred some fans have for each other come match day.  I hope they find out who did this and is made accountable for his or her actions.

This kind of stuff, despicable as the perpetrators typically are, is too often used to create divides between opposing fans who would never dream of behaving is such a manner themselves. I'm really pleased to see so many NFFC fans condemning the video and all those who have also added to the JustGiving pot of cash. Not sure why folk are opposed to the page myself - doubtless those responsible for caring for the lad and Charlie himself will get some enjoyment from the money and I hope that'll mean a few good days out at Pride Park at the very least. As for the so-called fan responsible - what a prize tit. Hopefully he'll be named and shamed ASAP as I'd doubt he'll be man enough to publicly apologise for his actions. A public shaming is the very least he deserves.

Archived