v Sheffield Wednesday (A) Match Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Looked very poor , you’d think he’d do all now to impress , doesn’t give the impression he’s commited to the cause. Shame as some player a few seasons back for us .

28 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

To be hinest I never thought he wa that good the first time he was here. He would make lots of mistakes but his strength and size would get him out of lots of awkward positions. Seems like he hasn't move on in the last 4 years. 

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Man some of you are so quick to criticise... of course Wisdom looked rusty today, the poor lad hasn't played a game in 2 months. Today will have done him the world of good in blowing off the cobwebs. Just enjoy the win FFS.

Poor lad ? He’s hasn’t played because he’s been poor , he’s got to grasp the chance. Great result but can’t carry players like that. Fans were quick to jump over Forsyth, like I said welcome 3 points. 

8 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Man some of you are so quick to criticise... of course Wisdom looked rusty today, the poor lad hasn't played a game in 2 months. Today will have done him the world of good in blowing off the cobwebs. Just enjoy the win FFS.

Were you there today? Wisdom put as much effort in as me down the gym. Nothing to do with being rusty, it was lazy and uncommitted. Good win but it wasn’t a good performance, that’s what we’re here to discuss. Wouldn’t have thought anyone was commenting like this on the final whistle, I certainly wasn’t!

Wisdom was against two players today at any one time, Wilson and Zoon offered him absolutely no support today and he was struggling for it. 

I'm not saying he was blameless for his performance, there's much room for improvement, but we win as a team and we lose as a team. 

Shocking first 30 minutes, we looked a lot better after that. We desperately need right back cover for Bogle. Wisdom isn't anywhere close to good enough.

Duane Holmes grew into the game and had some nice touches. FloJo had the beating of their fullback on multiple occasions. 

Special word for Jack Marriott, he's a brilliant striker. He isn't the tallest guy in the world, yet still manages to control some of the aimless punts at him, never stops running and he's a fantastic finisher.

Tom Lawrence had a great impact when he came on, and played one really nice cross which we should have done better with.

Wilson was wasteful at times, but once again chipped in with a goal.

Huddlestone almost scored one of the best goals I've ever seen live, and when in the game played some great passes, however he drifted in and out of the game too much for my liking.

A point would have been the fair result I think, but of course I'll gleefully take the win.

40 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Think I’m on the same train as the infamous DEL.

You think? DEL cannot be mistaken.

I gave him a lift to a home game from Lincoln. Wrote my car off later that night.

He also called me in a spot of bother in Sunderland once. But I was already nearly home ??.

#DELmemories

46 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Stoke is a game we should be winning come on, Also Swansea won't be easy but again it 's a game we have a good chance  of winning, especially if Waghorn and Bryson are fit enough to play.

Why is it? Pre season favourites,  spent big. A draw would be a great result. 

Archived